PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Halftone blue printing out purple

Custom Search

greglogston
07-26-2018, 05:15 PM
Problem is that a customer is printing a blue background but it's coming out purple. The halftone blue comes out purple as well. At my office all my konicas do the same thing. Is there a solution to that problem or is it just a wierd thing konicas do?

allan
07-26-2018, 06:03 PM
Purple half tones if you do cyan?
Color of the toner must be incorrect or the generic toner bottles are not slotted.

Ok did not read proper..

Have you done gradation?

greglogston
07-26-2018, 06:07 PM
In service mode you can do red green and blue halftone pages. The blue comes out purple. I've done image stabilization and gradation. Cleaned IDC sensors. Happens on all color machines I have in my office on sales floor. C360, 4 series, 4e series.

guitar9199
07-26-2018, 06:28 PM
What's the model number of the machine?... that would be a great place to start.

Some of the older Canon color machines (iRC3200/3220) suffered from "Burple" printing as well. Copies would render correctly, but when running a print job the driver just couldn't match what was on the computer screen. (I know... I know....RGB vs. CMYK, but it SHOULD at least come CLOSE!!)

When we installed PostScript drivers, we had a little more control over the color density, but changing one level would require you to change another to compensate.

Good luck.

Albonline
07-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Problem is that a customer is printing a blue background but it's coming out purple. The halftone blue comes out purple as well. At my office all my konicas do the same thing. Is there a solution to that problem or is it just a wierd thing konicas do?

Short answer yes,konica office grade systems do reproduce half tone greys and blues poorly. gradation at the beginning of each run would help some but ,if true color rendition is required pro print and a fiery are the best solution.

Custom Search