PDA

View Full Version : Jamming brand new c658 jamming out of the box

Custom Search

JParkey01
07-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced a new bizhub c658 having issues with fuser assembly not coming on. I've checked the loop sensor, checked all connectors and made sure wiring harnesses are secure/ reseated. The paper makes it up to the fuser but either its not coming on or its turning too slow. Is there a test procedure you can perform to check certain items and see if they are fully funtional? Thanks in advanced.

guitar9199
07-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Is it jamming on prints, copies or both?

What paper size? Is the machine configured for LTR paper, but the print job showing A4?

What's the jam code?

...this information might be helpful...

JParkey01
07-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Jam code is 30-30 which is at 2nd transfer unit. I've checked the settings and confirmed its set up for plain paper(which I'm using), 8.5x 11 paper is used, machine identifies and confirms the size paper.

guitar9199
07-30-2018, 10:45 PM
I'd go into Service Mode, click "State Confirmation" and then click "Sensor Check", and see if all the offending sensors are functioning as they should.

mincopier
07-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Is it making it past the nip of the fuser and getting to the next roller, first roller of the exit section, and stopping? If so check the clutch that operates the exit section. Had one with a loose wire that a tech was fighting for 6 months. The code never refers to this clutch, but the clutch drove the roller that the lead edge was stopping at.

greglogston
07-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Is packing material removed from transfer roller and is transfer roller seated correctly? If packing material was removed incorrectly the transfer roller can be not seated correctly causing jams.

Vikingrepairguy
08-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Can try running the load check on the fuser related motors to see if they are all functioning correctly

copytech,mike
12-21-2019, 04:53 AM
Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced a new bizhub c658 having issues with fuser assembly not coming on. I've checked the loop sensor, checked all connectors and made sure wiring harnesses are secure/ reseated. The paper makes it up to the fuser but either its not coming on or its turning too slow. Is there a test procedure you can perform to check certain items and see if they are fully funtional? Thanks in advanced. Hi guys, I have the same problem! My customer has 4 of these piece of junk Bizhub C658 and 2 of them are always jamming in the fuser/exit section. I just don't think its any lose cluch wire. Fuser drive unit part number is A79JR71633 and neither ARC or Precision Roller has ever even sold one! Also, I would think twice before I would go cutting any exit unit springs in half! That's crazy! Also, Konica Minolta claims this fuser is rated for 1 million copies! YEAH SURE!

copytech,mike
12-21-2019, 05:00 AM
Is it making it past the nip of the fuser and getting to the next roller, first roller of the exit section, and stopping? If so check the clutch that operates the exit section. Had one with a loose wire that a tech was fighting for 6 months. The code never refers to this clutch, but the clutch drove the roller that the lead edge was stopping at. Acording to the service manual theres cluches cl5 and cl 8. One drives the fuser and the other drives the transport belt. It says nothing about it driving any exit rollers. These cluches use a 2 prong connector and ive never seen one lose in 20 years. Anything is possible I know but im just debating if I should tear half this machine apart to check a cluch. I have 2 of these C658's and both jam at/ or just after the fuser. Acordian type jam. In other words it seems to make it thru the fuser and then jams. These jams also seem to cut the upper fuser roller. Replaced it twice already at 500.00 each! This copier sucks compared to the previous model C654 that never jams! Better get a Canon instead!

copytech,mike
12-21-2019, 05:05 AM
Jam code is 30-30 which is at 2nd transfer unit. I've checked the settings and confirmed its set up for plain paper(which I'm using), 8.5x 11 paper is used, machine identifies and confirms the size paper. That sensor code and sensor check isn't going to tell you jack. These C658's jam at the fuser and exit section like crazy and nobody has an answer for it. In my opinion the C658 is a piece of junk! The C654 is twice as heavy duty and almost never jams! Anyway, heres the Part number to the fuser drive unit which in fact doesn't even pop up on google. A79JR71633. My guess is that these new style fuser drive units are garbage. Just a guess.

copytech,mike
12-21-2019, 06:11 AM
Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced a new bizhub c658 having issues with fuser assembly not coming on. I've checked the loop sensor, checked all connectors and made sure wiring harnesses are secure/ reseated. The paper makes it up to the fuser but either its not coming on or its turning too slow. Is there a test procedure you can perform to check certain items and see if they are fully funtional? Thanks in advanced. Update: My guess is that the grease the factory sprays into that fuser drive unit (no plastic gear needs grease) is contaminating the two cluches CL5 and CL8 which causes all kinds of intermittent fuser related jams as well as transfer area jams because one of those cluch's actually drives the transfer belt! Those cluches also drive your exit unit. They have nothing to do with driving your fuser unit rollers. I sprayed the hell out of both cluch's with alcohol and let them dry. Wipe away any blobs of grease you see on the gears. No need to remove the cluches. Don't use brake cleaner or it will melt things. Ive seen this problem on the first Bizhub black and white copiers such as the Bizhub 350. Every machine jammed new out of the box after only 1 week. Again, it is grease that contaminates these cluch's. Also, nothing hard to turn such as bushings, shafts or whatever is going to destroy a cluch. Again, its grease. Factory uses grease on plastic white nylon gears to make them quiet and its a disaster but they never learn!. Hope this helps. -Mike Gingell of ADVANCED Copier Solutions of Silver Spring MD.

copytech,mike
01-04-2020, 02:58 AM
Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced a new bizhub c658 having issues with fuser assembly not coming on. I've checked the loop sensor, checked all connectors and made sure wiring harnesses are secure/ reseated. The paper makes it up to the fuser but either its not coming on or its turning too slow. Is there a test procedure you can perform to check certain items and see if they are fully funtional? Thanks in advanced.
Replace Clutch cl8 in fuser drive. You need to blocks of wood to place the frame on so you can assembly this bastard. The Konica Clutch is garbage.

Lync
01-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Hey Mike,

Do they get jammed in the reverse gate like the photo below?

I had this error on a C659 straight out of the box and I adjusted the open/close position of the reverse gate by moving the solenoid assembly back or forward.
The C658 may not have a solenoid exactly like this one that you can move, but it is worth a try.

copytech,mike
01-08-2020, 11:35 PM
Yes they do get jammed in this gate area. Replace Clutch CL8. Note: This repair procedure is not for beginners or even intermiediate Technicians period.
Mike G.

Don N.
01-09-2020, 04:21 AM
Mike,
I was told by a KMBS rep (and shown the red rusted fuser drive clutch/drive pack) from a 4e series (not sure but I think it was a 22,28 or 36 speed). He said it was not a drive fail, but a squeak they thought was the fuser at first. A real B* to replace, but it brings up the same thing you said about old BH250 series clutches getting grease in them, and later 223 series loading with toner dust or red oxide rust depending on where they are in p. feed section or near the old leaky image units.

Our go to remedy is a can of CRC electronics cleaner. $4.77 in the auto dep't at walmart. Insert the straw best as you can under the clutch cover (no dissasembly) & flood the clutch while turning it. You might place about 5 paper towels under it to absorb the excess CRC and see what comes out of the clutch & then take all that smell outside. It will evap. in just a minute. It cut our clutch replacements down 90% or more, and is a great diagnostic tool. Yes it's flammable, so I always leave covers open for 5 min. to aerate. Haven't flamed out yet. I carry CRC in my toolbox every day & use it several times a week. If a clutch doesn't respond to that cleaning, ok it's shot. Most likely it just contaminated with toner or rust or grease. Like you said brake cleaner will melt plastic. You could probably use alcohol, I just don't have any precise applicator with a straw to pressure wash/flood that small of an area, and CRC evaps faster inside the clutch & has 0 water content.

copytech,mike
05-27-2021, 08:22 PM
Mike,
I was told by a KMBS rep (and shown the red rusted fuser drive clutch/drive pack) from a 4e series (not sure but I think it was a 22,28 or 36 speed). He said it was not a drive fail, but a squeak they thought was the fuser at first. A real B* to replace, but it brings up the same thing you said about old BH250 series clutches getting grease in them, and later 223 series loading with toner dust or red oxide rust depending on where they are in p. feed section or near the old leaky image units.

Our go to remedy is a can of CRC electronics cleaner. $4.77 in the auto dep't at walmart. Insert the straw best as you can under the clutch cover (no dissasembly) & flood the clutch while turning it. You might place about 5 paper towels under it to absorb the excess CRC and see what comes out of the clutch & then take all that smell outside. It will evap. in just a minute. It cut our clutch replacements down 90% or more, and is a great diagnostic tool. Yes it's flammable, so I always leave covers open for 5 min. to aerate. Haven't flamed out yet. I carry CRC in my toolbox every day & use it several times a week. If a clutch doesn't respond to that cleaning, ok it's shot. Most likely it just contaminated with toner or rust or grease. Like you said brake cleaner will melt plastic. You could probably use alcohol, I just don't have any precise applicator with a straw to pressure wash/flood that small of an area, and CRC evaps faster inside the clutch & has 0 water content. Sorry i didnt get back to you on this. CRC sounds great. That old Biz 250 and 350 i ended up just replacing that entire black drive box. I love Bizhub copiers other than their inherit jamming problems.

Custom Search