PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP noise when 1st motor starts , Biz 361

Custom Search

mjunkaged
09-14-2018, 11:00 PM
Had a toner bottle squeak (only when it's nearing empty) on this very same machine Biz 361 mono (same as 421, 501), but this is a new noise, any time a cover is opened and then closed, or a print cycle starts, according to the Theory of Ops manual timing chart (fragmented) says drum comes on first, but now read field service timing chart at power on, it shows fuser+feed motors first THEN drum+dev motors - correct me if I'm wrong??

So, something in the drive section or the unit itself. it's not even halfway to the 675k 'replace' mandate. Powdered drum, lubed what I could reach with right rear end cover removed. Could be any of the other three motors/drive sections. I don't think it squeaks constantly during long prints, just at 'start print' or 'door open/shut' cycle. For a few seconds.

After also looking at the exploded parts drive sections diagrams, there are at least a dozen shafts buried in the rear drive section. I guess I could try to drop oil on them through the process cavity, but that seems like I may still not be able to get my oiler at the noisy bushing, shaft or clutch(?? I don't see any in drive section but maybe reg clutch??) that's driving my customer (and now me) to drink. And I don't drink!

Anyone gotten this? Any suggestions? Looks to me like you have to tear the whole back cage off to get to the drive area. And then put it back together, that would suck! There doesn't seem to be any menu in service mode to run JUST one motor at a time....unless I missed that too? I am getting old over here, maybe I've lost it!! :confused::confused::cool::mad::D

qbert69
09-14-2018, 11:31 PM
Roll up a paper into an acute narrow cone like a funnel, snip off the tip & hold it up to your ear while the machine is making the squeak. Maybe it will help you narrow down & localize where the noise is coming from!!!
Had a toner bottle squeak (only when it's nearing empty) on this very same machine Biz 361 mono (same as 421, 501), but this is a new noise, any time a cover is opened and then closed, or a print cycle starts, according to the Theory of Ops manual timing chart should be drum motor first (srange it doesn't show dev. motor starting at same time) - correct me if I'm wrong??

So, something in the drum drive section or the drum unit itself. it's not even halfway to the 675k 'replace' mandate, and I've powdered the drum. But if I'm not reading the theory right maybe more than drum motor is on then?

After also looking at the exploded parts drive sections diagrams, there are at least a dozen shafts buried in the rear drive section. I guess I could try to drop oil on them through the process cavity, but that seem like I may still not be able to get my oiler at the noisy bushing, shaft or clutch(?? I don't see any in drive section but maybe reg clutch??) that's driving my customer (and now me) to drink.

Anyone gotten this? Any suggestions? Looks to me like you have to tear the whole back cage off to get to the drive area. And then put it back together, that would suck! There doesn't seem to be any menu in service mode to run JUST one motor at a time....unless I missed that too? I am getting old over here, maybe I've lost it!! :confused::confused::cool::mad::D

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

mjunkaged
09-14-2018, 11:54 PM
Roll up a paper into an acute narrow cone like a funnel, snip off the tip & hold it up to your ear while the machine is making the squeak. Maybe it will help you narrow down & localize where the noise is coming from!!!

I own a mechanic's stethoscope, is it okay if I use it instead?? I will try not to shock myself. I already tried the 'long screwdriver to the ear' trick. No good. No help, Up, down I'll need the long thin probe to hear any more. and try not to get it caught in gears!!:rolleyes:

qbert69
09-15-2018, 12:05 AM
I own a mechanic's stethoscope, is it okay if I use it instead?? I will try not to shock myself. I already tried the 'long screwdriver to the ear' trick. No good. No help, Up, down I'll need the long thin probe to hear any more. and try not to get it caught in gears!!:rolleyes:Mechanics stethoscope requires mechanical contact. Personally I would start with the funnel to find the loudest point & then use the mechanical...better safe than sorry![emoji15]

blackcat4866
09-15-2018, 12:06 AM
... Anyone gotten this? Any suggestions? Looks to me like you have to tear the whole back cage off to get to the drive area. And then put it back together, that would suck! There doesn't seem to be any menu in service mode to run JUST one motor at a time....unless I missed that too? I am getting old over here, maybe I've lost it!! :confused::confused::cool::mad::D

Yes. It comes down removing the board assy to get to the main drive. I had a couple of these machines with the toner bottle rotation code, so I got plenty of opportunities to strip that model to the frames. With practice you can do it in under two hours.

AFAIK you cannot test motors individually like Kyocera.

I've had surprisingly good luck with the long-screwdriver-to-the-ear trick. =^..^=

mjunkaged
09-15-2018, 12:36 AM
Appreciate your backing my 'there is no individual motor test' on this (and most) KonnyMinny.
And also what I suspected: If I can't lube it through the process cavity (or isolate it to a driven unit) then I am faced with stripping it down to get at the offending part. Fun times! I'm going to take another hour trying to get it without major disassembly next time I'm at that customer's office.
Have a great weekend Blackcat! :cool:;)

PS I was joking w/ another tech IRL that I should get a kid's suction-cup arrow and I can cut it short to fit in a drill....voila! The patented Konica-Minolta individual motor-spinner component tester adapter kit (patent pending).

blackcat4866
09-15-2018, 12:56 AM
... PS I was joking w/ another tech IRL that I should get a kid's suction-cup arrow and I can cut it short to fit in a drill....voila! The patented Konica-Minolta individual motor-spinner component tester adapter kit (patent pending).

I like the concept, but I don't see the suction cup holding.

I like the drill idea though. Tighten the chuck onto one of the rotating drive shafts, then spin away (just be sure that your spinning in the correct direction).

Woxner
09-16-2018, 01:15 AM
you can test these motors under state confirme load ck. motors and sensors. its in the manual. i always use this to test toner sensors and motors

mjunkaged
09-16-2018, 10:54 PM
you can test these motors under state confirme load ck. motors and sensors. its in the manual. i always use this to test toner sensors and motors

Confirmed! Jeezus, can't believe we all missed that. It's in there, just they gave it a different name from the other 5 brands I usually work on!
Thank YOU!

Custom Search