PDA

View Full Version : Yello bands on KM c1070

Custom Search

ttopman
09-21-2018, 06:14 AM
Hi everyone, been having this recurring issue with the yellow developer our C1070. Tech said at first that it's depleted developer, but then every 3 months we have to change the developer. Haven't had any issues on c, M and K units. I'm thinking something else is wrong. Tired of having to buy Y developer 4 times a year. Does anyone have any idea to solve this problem?

kenpio
09-21-2018, 05:02 PM
I guess all I have to say with this is. How many prints are on the developer unit. This machine is made that you have to replace the whole developer unit and the developer inside at 1.2 million. So if you are not changing the yellow developer unit, this may be your problem.

KEN

Toxic
09-21-2018, 09:07 PM
I have this problem on C1060l with only cyan developer.
2 times change developer then search for problems and find firmware which solve this problem.
If i remember good it was GCD-25 firmware

ttopman
09-22-2018, 08:50 AM
I guess all I have to say with this is. How many prints are on the developer unit. This machine is made that you have to replace the whole developer unit and the developer inside at 1.2 million. So if you are not changing the yellow developer unit, this may be your problem.

KEN

About 400k prints, I started having this issue at less than 200k prints.

ttopman
09-22-2018, 08:51 AM
I have this problem on C1060l with only cyan developer.
2 times change developer then search for problems and find firmware which solve this problem.
If i remember good it was GCD-25 firmware

Thanks, I will look into this and give feedback.

Synthohol
09-22-2018, 11:44 AM
the DV unit is still under warranty with only 400k.
get your free replacement.

Toxic
09-22-2018, 01:35 PM
the DV unit is still under warranty with only 400k.
get your free replacement.

Lol,that maybe work in some cases with some people.
I agree that should be normal procedure.
In my case when developer depleted second time in about 400k i contact my technical support from KM and i get explanation that there is no waranty on consumables like drum,developer...and to depleted developer can cause some dust on charge unit and similar nonsense so i must replace developer from my budget to have customer satisfy.
Just to mention, before that problem a was replaceing charge units before its life end,arround 80% just to be safe but that did not help either.

ttopman
09-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Lol,that maybe work in some cases with some people.
I agree that should be normal procedure.
In my case when developer depleted second time in about 400k i contact my technical support from KM and i get explanation that there is no waranty on consumables like drum,developer...and to depleted developer can cause some dust on charge unit and similar nonsense so i must replace developer from my budget to have customer satisfy.
Just to mention, before that problem a was replaceing charge units before its life end,arround 80% just to be safe but that did not help either.

2nd Charge units now, all brand new, less than 10% life

blackcat4866
09-22-2018, 03:09 PM
All I can tell you is that the yellow developer is depleted, and needs changing. Why? ... don't know. I've had a couple do that within a few days of installation. I couldn't explain it then either. =^..^=

Synthohol
09-22-2018, 03:36 PM
http://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/warrantyclaims/ypp_claim.jspx
type in the info, it may be under yield protection program.
dumping is a claim.

alexstl
09-22-2018, 07:17 PM
Hi,
it happened to me sometimes too and not only on yellow.

When it happen, below what i do ( KM technical bulletin ):
- change corona
- charge new developer
- i check that firmmare is at least ver. G00-17
- set dip sw 46-4 to 1 ( this increase developer mixing speed )
- set dip sw 44-5 / 6 to 1 / 0 ( this increase developer stability by periodically toner banding/refreshing )
- set dip sw 49-6 / 7 to 1 / 0 ( this increase developer stability by periodically toner banding/refreshing )
- set dip sw 59-7 to 1 to prevent second tr. roller contamination fron toner banding

Hope this help
Alex

wjurls
10-03-2018, 09:07 PM
It's always the yellow!! I have had it happen randomly on various machines. No rhyme or reason for it. After a developer re-charge all is fine until it's regularly scheduled developer change. I always keep a fresh bag of yellow developer on hand because of this. Fortunately, KM recently lowered the price on the developer for this series fairly dramatically. There are also a few bulletins for "developer screw marks" on KM but nothing very helpful that hasn't been mentioned already. Also, as mentioned above. Don't try to cheat the developing unit life and let them go past 1.2 million.... That can be an expensive lesson.

Custom Search