PDA

View Full Version : Booklet tray over flow

Custom Search

rrrohan
12-02-2018, 04:37 AM
I have so many customer that are frustrated by the way the copier outputs to booklet tray.

After to many they just punch up on themselves.

Was wondering if somone more creative then myself has come up with a home made tray?

One customer in particular prints a booklet and a envelope with the address so having the books all stack up on each other and get out of order is frustrating

Phil B.
12-02-2018, 09:39 AM
I have so many customer that are frustrated by the way the copier outputs to booklet tray.

Was wondering if somone more creative then myself has come up with a home made tray?

One customer in particular prints a booklet and a envelope with the address so having the books all stack up on each other and get out of order is frustrating

1st.. how many in a run?... could the use a "mailbox system " if avail for that model... multi bin sorter?

what MODEL are you talking about?

copyman
12-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Great idea by Phil. There is no multi bin finisher for the K/M models that I'm aware of. The booklet tray isn't the best system if you want to keep in order. Also think it's limited 20 booklets. Unfortunately I think the customer is going to have to look at each booklet and sort by hand if they get mixed up exiting booklet unit. At least they saved a lot of time by printing the booklet & envelope.

Hansoon
12-02-2018, 02:44 PM

This is exactly what is driving me nuts with the SD-509 on a FS-527 (C-360). I have tried EVERYTHING including modified trays, changing the angle from the lower tray, extra guides, you name it. No way. The SD-509 is also very limited in the amount of sheets, combining A3 with A4 size paper and the total quantity of booklets. Don't know about the production machines but for the middle range of MFP's this option looks nice but isn't.

Hans

copyman
12-02-2018, 05:19 PM
On the FS-534, SD-511 booklet most of my customers use it only for Tri-fold feature. Even that is weak with being limited to 20 at a time.

D_L_P
12-02-2018, 06:55 PM

I remember one customer removing the lower tray and just putting an empty paper box there. It actually stacked the booklets a lot better than I thought it would.

3ktlc
12-03-2018, 09:28 PM
I remember one customer removing the lower tray and just putting an empty paper box there. It actually stacked the booklets a lot better than I thought it would.
We did that with our machine in our office that we use for copy jobs.

rrrohan
12-04-2018, 02:55 AM
Yeah the FS537SD

That belt system doesn't seem to do much.

I think the FS534 is better. Least you can just set up a slide system but I'm yet to try but feel like the 537 would complain if you removed the tray

Custom Search