PDA

View Full Version : Error Code magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

Custom Search

KapeKopyTek
01-02-2019, 05:43 PM
This little gem has 11669 prints, was dropped off at the shop for evaluation, was "working intermittently". When powered up, I get this above mentioned error message. The scanner goes to home position ok, so that seems to be free. Nothing in the manuals referring to this message, and the only solutions online are to reboot, which does not clear the problem on this particular machine. Anyone seen/resolved this before? Thanks in advance.

copier addict
01-02-2019, 09:11 PM
This little gem has 11669 prints, was dropped off at the shop for evaluation, was "working intermittently". When powered up, I get this above mentioned error message. The scanner goes to home position ok, so that seems to be free. Nothing in the manuals referring to this message, and the only solutions online are to reboot, which does not clear the problem on this particular machine. Anyone seen/resolved this before? Thanks in advance.

From the service manual:

PROCESS ERROR-xxx
CLEAR BY COVER
A process error occurred in the
machine
. • Open and close the front cover.
• Check the toner cartridge (C) or
toner cartridge (K).
• Replace the imaging cartridge.
• Reinstall the high voltage unit.

mjunkaged
01-02-2019, 09:42 PM
IF you have a used or new image cartridge from the same model series, it may be worth trying to swap that. The belt mentioned in the message is inside of that cartridge you pull out of the machine to remove jams.
I own a 1690, these machines sold NEW with toner for 220 dollars with free shipping at one site.
:cool:

KapeKopyTek
01-03-2019, 02:01 PM
From the service manual:

PROCESS ERROR-xxx
CLEAR BY COVER
A process error occurred in the
machine
. • Open and close the front cover.
• Check the toner cartridge (C) or
toner cartridge (K).
• Replace the imaging cartridge.
• Reinstall the high voltage unit.

Dang, guess I need to brush up on my manual searches. Thank you. The K toner is down to 8% and there is the hint of a void down the middle of the page. New K toner and imaging unit should do the trick then. Cheers!

KapeKopyTek
01-03-2019, 02:03 PM
IF you have a used or new image cartridge from the same model series, it may be worth trying to swap that. The belt mentioned in the message is inside of that cartridge you pull out of the machine to remove jams.
I own a 1690, these machines sold NEW with toner for 220 dollars with free shipping at one site.
:cool:
We don't have any kicking around, but thanks. Cheers!

mjunkaged
01-03-2019, 02:19 PM
I hope you try toner first then belt, I'm curious if it was just low toner, or if Image unit (belt) is at fault.
Can you post a follow up? :confused:

KapeKopyTek
01-04-2019, 02:22 PM
I hope you try toner first then belt, I'm curious if it was just low toner, or if Image unit (belt) is at fault.
Can you post a follow up? :confused: I will try, I have to contact the customer and give him pricing, not sure if he wants to put any money into it at all. He's getting an evaluation at no charge.

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Maybe a parts machine for you.:cool:

Custom Search