PDA

View Full Version : trying to import address book bizhub 364e

Custom Search

KapeKopyTek
01-18-2019, 04:55 PM
Sales sent me the address book in both .txt and .dat format, trying to import via Pagescope in admin mode, but get an "invalid file format import cancelled" message (not exact verbiage, but close) with both formats. Assuming to file are not corrupt, what am I doing wrong, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, have a good weekend!

copier addict
01-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Sales sent me the address book in both .txt and .dat format, trying to import via Pagescope in admin mode, but get an "invalid file format import cancelled" message (not exact verbiage, but close) with both formats. Assuming to file are not corrupt, what am I doing wrong, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, have a good weekend!

If you are trying import from one machine to another Pagescope isn't the proper tool to use. It is easier to use the export to USB feature. If the two machines are on the same network Pagescope Data Administrator is the way to go.

allan
01-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Only work on the same models.. There are ways around this.
Create an address on the new machine and export to get the format.
Using data administrator works for me.

Synthohol
01-18-2019, 06:42 PM
yes backup to external memory or USB is always the best way to go when going from a 4 Series to something newer however is far as the import if you have the CSV file from the old machine you download even blank the CSV file from the new machine and then copy and paste all the data after all that Header information so when you paste it in there it actually works if you screw up the formatting it's not going to work but that Header information identifies the machine and that's why it's not get letting you import directly you can only reinforce those files directly to the same exact machine that they came from so like I said the easiest thing is the USB external memory in service mode to softswitch 72 change it to hex 04 HitFix and then an admin mode you'll have external memory backup plug it into the side give it a quick password highlight everything copies all to the stick do the same thing on the new machine except for choose import type in the password plugs and all the settings for you all the customizations everything that was on the road machine but if it's coming from a older machine that does not support the USB backup then yes either use the page go update administrator or like I said import CSV files from both machines and cut and paste the relevant information into the cells that it belongs and it should be fine

Please forgive grammatical and spelling errors as I'm using speech to text instead of typing thank you

Custom Search