PDA

View Full Version : FS-C5020N Registration

Custom Search

TA_Tech
10-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi Guys

One of my techs has a problem with color registration on a FS-C5020N. So far he's serviced the machine, you know, the general strip and clean (or so he claims... he likes to bullshit), this helped a little but not much really. He claims after running the Drum and Dev service a couple of times this helped, but the next day the customer phoned back.

He tried to upgrade the firmware but failed miserably. I'll be doing that along with color reg settings tomorrow. He's also replaced the drums.

I've checked bulletins, but they don't mention this problem. I've checked the service manual but that only mentions the transfer belt, which I don't have in stock.

If any of you guys can help with suggestions that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

aodtech
10-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Did your tech print out a Test Page? Menu, Others, Service, Print Test Page. I had a 5030 that was killing each developer unit one by one, except for Magenta (knock on wood). They weren't exactly image quality problems, except for yellow drops on every print, but I'd point my finger at the developer units before the drums. And if he replaced the drums, did he attach the LED Print Heads correctly?

Custom Search