PDA

View Full Version : KM C3351 Wireless Kit Issues

Custom Search

d95gas
02-15-2019, 10:54 AM
Hi All,
We have 2 brand new KM C3351 units. We purchased the addition WiFi cards (UK-216, model is KM66, CMIT ID is 2016AJ5725)

Cards were fitted by the Konica engineer.

The problem is, the Konica's do not see our Wireless network. No Hidden SSID or anything dodgy, and the WiFi can be seen and connected to from laptops, phones, tablets, etc

The Konica can see BT Home hubs that are on the perimeter of our area (5 of them), and if I turn hotspot on from my iPhone or Android, the Konica see's them fine.

The WiFi in the business is from a Cisco C887VA-W-E-K9, no dodgy configuration or anything like that.

Cisco is 11n
Konica is 11b/g/n

So Konica should be able to see the Cisco network with no problem.

Konica sent another engineer with another 2 cards, which again were installed, and exactly the same results. Konica can see hotspots, and BT Home hubs, but NOT the business WiFi.

Its a totally head scratching situation and cannot see what the heck can be causing this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially if someone has seen this situation before

Thanks

Motormount
03-21-2019, 12:29 AM
In Service Mode > System 1 > Marketing Area > Wireless LAN Destination change to OT.
I'm here looking for the same solution you are, but this is how I got this C3851FS to find any SSIDs. I already had it working, and realized I had not changed it -when I did, it stopped working. Even manually programming the SSID and password, it made no connection. Changing it back to OT, it still had my setting from earlier.
If some knows more, please let us know.

d95gas
03-21-2019, 10:02 AM
In Service Mode > System 1 > Marketing Area > Wireless LAN Destination change to OT.
I'm here looking for the same solution you are, but this is how I got this C3851FS to find any SSIDs. I already had it working, and realized I had not changed it -when I did, it stopped working. Even manually programming the SSID and password, it made no connection. Changing it back to OT, it still had my setting from earlier.
If some knows more, please let us know.

Unfortunately Konica never got to the bottom of the issue. Cards and everything went back to their R&D people overseas, and could not offer any explanation. In the end they added a wireless bridge to each MFD which worked out fine.

They are still digging for a answer, but given the timespan now, I am guessing they have struggled and given up.

The Wireless Bridge was easy to install and has been totally stable...... Oh and they paid for them as it was their issue

Synthohol
03-21-2019, 11:51 AM
i found these to be a life saver.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Powerline-ethernet-Adapter-TL-PA4010KIT/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=sr_1_3?hvadid=153701813186&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9003550&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=18199837685508649719&hvtargid=kwd-59369853041&keywords=tp-link+tl-pa4010kit&qid=1553165387&s=gateway&sr=8-3&tag=googhydr-20
they work great!!
uses ethernet over the power lines.

Custom Search