PDA

View Full Version : KM c7000 Tray1&2 not feeding paper

Custom Search

raplma
03-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Hi all
This is one of those problems that you think - do I post this - as it is could be one of those real school boy posts as it's that simple.

We have inherited a KM c7000, 2011, done 10M, serviced by KM engineer til Feb... and appears to have been thoroughly looked after.

It will not feed paper from either tray 1 or 2, they have hardly done any work no more than 10k sheets each in their whole life as most goes through the PF as is probably why the problem hasn't been identified or fixed while under contract.
However it's role has changed to that of back-up and overflow machine so to have these trays working again would be helpful.
The Jam codes being j-1101 and j-1201, and is due to the paper not being picked up/moved at all.

Changed feed rollers, checked roller clutches and shaft for polishing, no difference..
Both trays raise the paper fine, and the drive motors work fine
To eliminate the drive clutches, sensors and feed solenoid - swapped paper feed assemblies with known working units, no change...

However, upon visual inspection when in process there is no corresponding jerk as the solenoid kicks in, nor paper feed rollers turning as clutches catch the spinning drive shaft.

Could it be an electrical fault? I have cleaned out the cassette wiring connectors on both the tray side and the machine side - just in case and no change.
Could it be the paper drive coupling, but these are just a spring connection...

Am i missing something obvious here?? Or is it a control board issue??

Any constructive pointers are most appreciated
Thanks
Mark

P.S. I may not be a classically trained engineer but have been servicing the many KM's we've had over the past 15 years - some from new - and am more than happy to be pointed to pages in the manuals

K-3
03-01-2019, 04:08 PM
check the vertical conveyance unit is moving smoothly the paper feed motor drives this too. had one lock up on a C6500 before causing jamming.

raplma
03-04-2019, 02:38 PM
check the vertical conveyance unit is moving smoothly the paper feed motor drives this too. had one lock up on a C6500 before causing jamming.

Hi K-3
Thanks for that, checked it and is functioning fine.

My next thought is electrical, ICP25 supplies power to Tray1&2 clutches and solenoid, which would explain why Tray 3 works fine.
So quite possibly that, and will need to check for any broken or shorting wires which may have caused it's failure - assuming it has.

Thanks
Mark

Custom Search