PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c6500 2421 developer issue

Custom Search

JAkelar
03-06-2019, 11:15 PM
So i am getting an alternating 2411 and 2421,
it seems as though the developer is spilling onto the sensors and covering them which is causing the 2411.
i then follow procedures to resolve the 2411 and after a little bit it starts throwing the 2421

when i do io check on 54-00 it gives me a 3 and then a 2 and then a 1.

the initial toner density sensor mode and etc all end up crashing to the 2411. and i have to remove the unit and clean the sensors..

It seems like theres supposed to be a bit of a vaccuum on the top and perhaps that vaccuum is faulty?

Synthohol
03-07-2019, 01:10 AM
did you clean or change the toner filter inside the right door?

JAkelar
03-07-2019, 01:23 AM

Uhh. The little like 6 filter deep box under the panel on the right? Or is there a secret one I don't know about

JAkelar
03-07-2019, 01:26 AM
Konica Minolta Filter Exchanging Assembly A03UR70111 (https://discountcopiercenter.com/bizhub-pro-c6500-filter-exchanging-assembly-a03ur70100.html)

this one? ive cleaned it .

when i look at the developer unit the developer on the roller part is thick and then its just all over the top over the sensors.. .

is that thickness normal? is there a good way to check like.. cleaning pressure?

Synthohol
03-07-2019, 05:05 AM
yeah, thats supposed to draw misting toner, when it starts to clog, the whole process unit gets nasty.
is the thin silver shutter closed on the front of the DV unit?

JAkelar
03-07-2019, 02:35 PM
yeah, thats supposed to draw misting toner, when it starts to clog, the whole process unit gets nasty.
is the thin silver shutter closed on the front of the DV unit?

I'm not sure on the shutter, I'll be in there to work on it tomorrow,
I'll get pictures of things, I imagine that can help,

tulintron
03-11-2019, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure on the shutter, I'll be in there to work on it tomorrow,
I'll get pictures of things, I imagine that can help,send photos for better understanding

JAkelar
03-15-2019, 12:12 AM
send photos for better understanding
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (https://imgur.com/a/uu7pRhe)

here are pictures

I previously moved the yellow developer unit into the magenta space and the issue followed the yellow developer,
so we replaced the yellow developer unit , And now we get this.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

JAkelar
03-15-2019, 01:43 AM
Its now throwing a 2414 intermittently when i attempt to do toner refresh mode

JAkelar
03-15-2019, 01:44 AM
oh and IO 53-00 is at like 001 when stuff ive seen says it needs to be 140

JAkelar
03-21-2019, 02:25 AM
was able to get it sorted, had to run test mode with yellow on full density for 200 + pages

Arcadian
03-21-2019, 04:25 AM
While yes it could be the vacuum of the unit, not pulling all the left over toner to the waste bottle, ive notice on these machine the sponge around the edges of the toner supply and vacuum path they all seem to deteriorate quite a bit, might need to replace a few of them check them to see if they are not falling off or has fallen off they need a good seal for the vacuum to work properly.
youre going to have fun tracing each and every color and seal for the vaccum. good luck. even though its might not be to pricey to get new seals, but finding them might be pain to find. you might get lucky.
or just swap out developer powder if it fails toner density check.

but if your developer unit has lots of powder ontop of the top cover then maybe you have to do more maintenance then you have before like every 20k run vacuum it out again.

good luck

Keep it clean if you want it to work right!!

Phil B.
03-21-2019, 07:41 AM
was able to get it sorted, had to run test mode with yellow on full density for 200 + pages

next time try this:

block toner to dev unit..*slip paper in between port*
run sky shots for that color...
when needs toner UNBLOCK port add toner ..run adjust on TD.. should be good

Custom Search