PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C224 paper select issue.

Custom Search

ck1
03-11-2019, 08:50 AM
i have one c224 got this issue . when you put at glass or feeder , it show this massage . any setting ?

tsbservice
03-11-2019, 10:38 AM
It's very hard to see from picture you post, but it looks like machine asks for A3 paper size. Few Questions from here.
-do you have A3 paper set in any drawer?
-what's the original size?
-WHAT's wrong with using Google translate to describe roughly problem, and don't let us guessing?!?

ck1
03-11-2019, 11:31 AM
It's very hard to see from picture you post, but it looks like machine asks for A3 paper size. Few Questions from here.
-do you have A3 paper set in any drawer?
-what's the original size?
-WHAT's wrong with using Google translate to describe roughly problem, and don't let us guessing?!?
Yes original is A3 size and my tray have A3 paper , but it no auto switch to the tray and show massages . You must manually select the tray. Even use feeder also same

the massage is paper of matching size is not available
select the paper matching paper : A3

rrrohan
03-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Is the A3 tray highlighted in auto tray selection in user mode?

Synthohol
03-11-2019, 02:08 PM
is the A3 tray set to anything but plain?
that would cause it too.

allan
03-11-2019, 03:27 PM
The original detection is screwy. Make sure the DF lenght sensor is not trapped.
Make sure the platen glass and optics including the platen length sensors are clean.
Or swop the 2 sensors around. Toggle between tabel1 and tabel2 in service mode under original detection.
Then toggle back. Cant tel you why but fixed that problem before.
There was a while that problem plagued me and after tinkering mysteriously resolved itself:confused:

Also there is sensor check...

jwai
03-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Solve it by cleaning optical section. ( original glass, mirrors, lamp, lens, size detection sensors )

ck1
03-12-2019, 01:30 AM
Is the A3 tray highlighted in auto tray selection in user mode?
yes A3 siza at 2nd tray and setting at auto select

ck1
03-12-2019, 01:32 AM
Solve it by cleaning optical section. ( original glass, mirrors, lamp, lens, size detection sensors )
thanks i will try it

rrrohan
03-12-2019, 02:27 AM
yes A3 siza at 2nd tray and setting at auto select

To be clear I mean

Utility - user settings - system settings - paper tray settings - auto tray selection settings

And tray with A3 is highlighted yellow?

Alsoake sure your A3 tray is set to Plain paper

ck1
03-14-2019, 01:51 AM
To be clear I mean

Utility - user settings - system settings - paper tray settings - auto tray selection settings

And tray with A3 is highlighted yellow?

Alsoake sure your A3 tray is set to Plain paper
oh ... ok thanks i try

greglogston
03-14-2019, 08:08 PM
check the Bypass paper senor is actuated, remove the paper or the particle blocking the bypass paper feed! might be Paper feed Empty sensor is blocked.

His problem is the machine detects paper on the glass when it's not there i'm assuming. I had this issue today and am looking for a fix. When I close doc feed it thinks there is an original on the glass. If I lift it up a couple inches and back down again it fixes it. Also, weird, but if I power cycle it doesn't do it.

copier addict
03-14-2019, 08:46 PM
His problem is the machine detects paper on the glass when it's not there i'm assuming. I had this issue today and am looking for a fix. When I close doc feed it thinks there is an original on the glass. If I lift it up a couple inches and back down again it fixes it. Also, weird, but if I power cycle it doesn't do it.

Cleaning the underside of the glass almost always fixes that problem

greglogston
03-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Cleaning the underside of the glass almost always fixes that problem

No. tried that. I couldn’t even do non image area erase. After power restart I was able to non image area and problem went away and comes back after a day or so.

rrrohan
03-15-2019, 11:17 AM
im confused. is the OP saying that

detects original size as A3 on glass when it shouldnt

or

when you try to print A3 it doesnt take it from A3 tray and instead ask you to load paper in bypass/manual feed tray?

i thought it was that A3 tray issue

SAR
12-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to add some input to this thread. We had a C308 with this same problem and tried everything. As a last resort we replaced the MFP board and it fixed it.

copyman
12-14-2019, 04:43 AM
Weird, Just today had a C224 today that wouldn't pull from bypass. 4 drawer config with 2 drawers thick, 11x17, 5.5x8.5. By pass is 11x8.5 and machine recognizes size correctly. No ADF has just Orig cover, Place original on glass and messg on display to put 11x8.5 on bypass tray, take paper out of bypass, put back in, hit print button again, and finally it pulls from bypass tray as it should. Tried setting to manual and same thing. Yes it's on "plain" paper and sees correct paper size on bypass tray when idle.

Told customer would stop back next week when I had more time, was there for a few other things not that. They said no big deal and have gotten use to it. Told them it is a big deal because they shouldn''t have to jump over hoops to make a friggin copy! 4 or 5 steps to make a copy is way too many. 2 steps max, Place original on glass or ADF, hit start (if only one copy is needed)

After reading some of the posts here will clean the optics, sensors under glass & bypass tray sensors to start with. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bix
12-17-2019, 04:06 PM

It happened to me too on an MFP just out of the carton. If you do sensor check with the DF open and you see that the sensor under the glass works, the problem is the DF adjustment.

Behind the DF, on the right side (looking at the MFP from behind), you have to screw/unscrew the vertical screw to adjust the correct closing height. In my case I had lowered too much and continued to take A3. After the adjustment I didn't have the problem anymore.

copier addict
12-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Weird, Just today had a C224 today that wouldn't pull from bypass. 4 drawer config with 2 drawers thick, 11x17, 5.5x8.5. By pass is 11x8.5 and machine recognizes size correctly. No ADF has just Orig cover, Place original on glass and messg on display to put 11x8.5 on bypass tray, take paper out of bypass, put back in, hit print button again, and finally it pulls from bypass tray as it should. Tried setting to manual and same thing. Yes it's on "plain" paper and sees correct paper size on bypass tray when idle.

Told customer would stop back next week when I had more time, was there for a few other things not that. They said no big deal and have gotten use to it. Told them it is a big deal because they shouldn''t have to jump over hoops to make a friggin copy! 4 or 5 steps to make a copy is way too many. 2 steps max, Place original on glass or ADF, hit start (if only one copy is needed)

After reading some of the posts here will clean the optics, sensors under glass & bypass tray sensors to start with. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Go into user settings, system settings, paper tray settings, auto tray selection and make sure bypass tray is highlighted.

Custom Search