PDA

View Full Version : 808 Copy Quality

Custom Search

Madnhain
03-28-2019, 08:16 PM
Print quality is fine, scanning from adf results in solid grey page, scan from glass is distorted (left margin is 2 inches to the right and the image is shrunken.) duplex from ADF results in side 1 grey, side 2 (CIS) fine.
Have replaced CCD, Main PCB, Scanner drive board, Scanner drive ribbon cable, scan board, tested home position sensor. Reflashed FW, rolled back FM.

Here's the fun part. When I put 8 1/2 x 11 on the glass and make a copy, the scanner smacks the right side hard enough to be scary. like the home position is off... but we know the home position sensor is working.

Edit: codes that have been occuring are 9401 and 6102

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Phil B.
03-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Print quality is fine, scanning from adf results in solid grey page, scan from glass is distorted (left margin is 2 inches to the right and the image is shrunken.) duplex from ADF results in side 1 grey, side 2 (CIS) fine.
Have replaced CCD, Main PCB, Scanner drive board, Scanner drive ribbon cable, scan board, tested home position sensor. Reflashed FW, rolled back FM.

Here's the fun part. When I put 8 1/2 x 11 on the glass and make a copy, the scanner smacks the right side hard enough to be scary. like the home position is off... but we know the home position sensor is working.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

sounds like you need to restring the scanner

Albonline
03-28-2019, 08:25 PM

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

not once, but twice i have had that sensor check good in io mode yet not work in copy mode, did you try changing it?

Madnhain
03-28-2019, 08:38 PM
not once, but twice i have had that sensor check good in io mode yet not work in copy mode, did you try changing it?

I didn't bother with io mode. I removed the sensor (since I have the machine in pieces at the moment) and the machine immediately acted like that was a bad idea, telling me that the sensor was functioning normally.

Fun fact, I have 2 808s (both of these are fairly new) with these same symptoms.

Madnhain
03-28-2019, 08:39 PM
sounds like you need to restring the scanner

This is exactly what I don't want to hear.

Phil B.
03-28-2019, 08:48 PM
This is exactly what I don't want to hear.

buy the jigs to hold the scanner in place.. time consuming but...

Madnhain
03-28-2019, 09:01 PM
buy the jigs to hold the scanner in place.. time consuming but...

so... the front and rear are even and the scan unit has full range left to right. Previously we have checked the set screws to make sure that they hadn't come loose. Is there another visual inspection that would help identify if there is a need to re string the scanner?

tsbservice
03-28-2019, 09:37 PM
They made scanner wires to be supplied as replaceable parts and Jig to be used when exchanging them...maybe for a reason :confused:

copier addict
03-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Error code C-6102 relates directly to a malfunctioning scanner home position sensor.

blackcat4866
03-28-2019, 11:09 PM
This machine is still sitting in our shop:

bizhub 808 with scanning issue (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/132623-bizhub-808-scanning-issue.html)
=^..^=

blackcat4866
04-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Correction: I just got this from the team leader: The second new CCD fixed it. The first new CCD did not change the symptoms. =^..^=

Madnhain
04-11-2019, 12:57 PM
*SOLVED*

The scan drive gear, driven by the scan motor by a belt in the rear right of the scan section, accessible by removing the top right cover has a screw that secures the white gear to a metal shaft. This screw was loose and too short resulting in the gear slipping on the drive shaft. Replace with a longer screw and it resolved the issue on BOTH our 808s with this issue.

KM will be issuing a bulletin on this in the near future.

Custom Search