PDA

View Full Version : Fax mode for c353

Custom Search

Rudi
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi guys i have recently installed a c353 with a fk502 and mk 711 , but the machine refuses to go into fax mode when you press the fax button any help will be highly apprciated.
Regards.

strider5555
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Did you enable the fax option in Service mode>system 2>option board status>fax(circuit 1) to on? Then you need to set the fax target in system 1>marketing area and in lower right corner of the screen select the appropriate country. The next step is to initialize the fax. Fax>initialize>select both options and press start. Once this is complete, power off the main switch and power on. It should now be able to fax. It is highly recommended to update the firmware of the machine and the fax board at this time as well.

dogsbody
10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
we installed a c352 (different machine I know) today, it is a loan machine while we fix their c252, we had to pull the fk out of the 252 and put into the 352. in service and admin mode the fax settings were all there, i initilised, did firmware, all the usual things but the fax button would not work. after calls to konica - who couldn't help and several hours mucking around - (i even changed the op panel) i found "initialise" in system 1 of service mode after i did that the fax button worked.
i don't know exactly what what was reset but in the end just happy that it worked.
hope it helps.

Rudi
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks guys , sorry for only getting back to you now but for some reason we are very busy , anyway the problem was solved by switching on the hard drive, i felt like kicking myself.
Regards
Rudi

Custom Search