PDA

View Full Version : Color Calibration

Custom Search

beowulf
05-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Hello Guys!

Every time i do color calibration of KM color presses like c2070, c1100, using X-rite colorimeter ES pro 1000/2000 through color centro i do not get results nearest to the target. Though density before calibration and after calibration is different but as compared to the target density my calibrated density is not smooth, ups and downs especially the black one is totally going upward at the end. I have tried it several times but calibrated density is not getting smoother.

If any one of you could help to get the best results or give me any suggestion to make it smoother or nearest to target density.?

I have followed books and guide lines but may be i am missing something....

Thanks

Synthohol
05-18-2019, 04:54 PM
is there a Fiery attached?

beowulf
05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
is there a Fiery attached?

No fiery attached.

Synthohol
05-18-2019, 05:19 PM
ok, if the drums, belt, dv are all less than 80% worn i would do all the adjustments to the engine first as if you just did a PM. i mean all that are in the manual. the gradations, max density etc...
this will greatly help your printing calibration especially with that poor IC-603

beowulf
05-18-2019, 05:56 PM
ok, if the drums, belt, dv are all less than 80% worn i would do all the adjustments to the engine first as if you just did a PM. i mean all that are in the manual. the gradations, max density etc...
this will greatly help your printing calibration especially with that poor IC-603

You are saying before calibration and if the parts are less than 80% worn i should do all adjustments first then perform calibration? it will improve accuracy output? I thought i am not doing it right just because of my hands (not uniform speed or shaky) but according to you accuracy and near to target is dependent on parts life? Right?

Synthohol
05-18-2019, 08:08 PM
accurate printer calibration depends greatly on a good engine calibration.
cant make a good pie with rotted fruit.
printer calibration will alter the engines output to suit its gamut of colors and density range.
bad engine color will make the printer calibration over/under compensate.

Woxner
05-19-2019, 12:47 AM
what kind of paper are you using to set this up. will make a difference

beowulf
05-19-2019, 07:04 AM
what kind of paper are you using to set this up. will make a difference

I usually calibrate on Coated ML. with 10 sheets under it. Engine calibration is checked in tick box in color centro.

Custom Search