PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C258 & Office365 Scanning

Custom Search

Leebs14
06-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Firsty I apologise if this has been previously covered, which I am guessing it has, but I couldnt find anything through the search function.

My customer IT people have migrated them to Office365 and have failed to get the Bizhub scanning, so I was asked to help. they are trying to use a generic email address (scanner@Companyename.co.uk) as the scanners address and are using an office365 account details as the smtp authentication but when they send a scan the machine says its sent complete in its log but the scan never arrives? Its not in junk or anywhere, it's not even showing as arriving at the Office365 smtp server??

So I set the machine up using my own office365 set up including my email address and it worked first time every time to all the staff, but the email was being sent from my office365 email address. I have told the IT guys that as far as I am aware Offic365 needs to validate the email address against the username/password authentication ohterwise it won't work, but they are not having it, they're saying it should work with a generic email address??

All I know is my customer is getting 'cheesed off' with it not working and I am asking for advice on how i can get this to work or to know why it won't work as they want it to?

Hope this makes sense???

Phil B.
06-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Firsty I apologise if this has been previously covered, which I am guessing it has, but I couldnt find anything through the search function.
My customer IT people have migrated them to Office365 and have failed to get the Bizhub scanning, so I was asked to help. they are trying to use a generic email address (scanner@Companyename.co.uk) as the scanners address and are using an office365 account details as the smtp authentication but when they send a scan the machine says its sent complete in its log but the scan never arrives? Its not in junk or anywhere, it's not even showing as arriving at the Office365 smtp server??
So I set the machine up using my own office365 set up including my email address and it worked first time every time to all the staff, but the email was being sent from my office365 email address. I have told the IT guys that as far as I am aware Offic365 needs to validate the email address against the username/password authentication ohterwise it won't work, but they are not having it, they're saying it should work with a generic email address??
All I know is my customer is getting 'cheesed off' with it not working and I am asking for advice on how i can get this to work or to know why it won't work as they want it to?
Hope this makes sense???

hard headed IT "guru's " are the bain of a copier techs lives.

IF if worked on your setup and not on theirs..

wonder which is correct? hmmmm

SalesServiceGuy
06-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Scan to email from Office 365 requires:

- Authentication. A made up fictional email sender address is not likely to work.
- Mandatory use of TLS 1.2 for SMTP
- The Sender Address requires start and stop with Angled brackets.

tsbservice
06-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Those IT bods are complete morons. If it's working with your setup, why they blame you not their settings.
The sending email address used by the MFP must be a valid office 365 email address.

Synthohol
06-05-2019, 09:53 PM
agreed.
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/42768d1559767982-bizhub-c258-office365-scanning-o365-jpg

CompyTech
06-05-2019, 10:12 PM
Gmail is the only one that I know of that allows scan to email like that using their "restricted" server. I guess you could tell them to give you a valid email account from Office365 for the copier or switch everyone over to gmail..

Phil B.
06-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Gmail is the only one that I know of that allows scan to email like that using their "restricted" server. I guess you could tell them to give you a valid email account from Office365 for the copier or switch everyone over to gmail..The customer's IT dept requires Office 365
Not much he can do when pinheads are involved.
IMHO any product from MS is vulnerable and should be avoided.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

copyman
06-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Go to the head person, manager, etc and tell them you have set up your own network with your laptop and it works fine. You explained to the IT people what you think is causing it and they don't want to listen. Tell them your job is done! You have confirmed it has nothing to do with the copier.

Also not sure if it was for the "8" series but for the "4" series there was a bulletin about scanning to email with office 365. Not sure if this is same thing.

rrrohan
06-06-2019, 05:04 AM
I put the settings onto a email software on a PC and see if it works.

You maybe getting a bounce back reply from server that copier obviously can receive.

Often it explains why it bounced

Bix
06-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Sometimes they use normal unprotected ports, such as port 25.

delboy10
06-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Hope this makes sense???

You are right about valid email for authentication. You can check out this link and send it to them.:
How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-3)

more likely option 2 or option 3

delboy

Custom Search