PDA

View Full Version : DI-7210, I'm guilty as charged !!!!

Custom Search

copyman
10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok I made one of the Minolta serv tech sins. Not sure how critical it is on other OEM's but is with Minoltas. I unplugged and plugged back in a few connectors while the machine was on! I know better but it was one of those days and I was in a hurry. I had removed the stapler unit to remove a jammed staple and after plugging the connectors back in I realized the machine was still on. Now when you go to make a copy it scans the original, machine runs but never feeds the paper, diagram of copier flashes for like a second then back to basic screen. displays reads press start to restart, if you press start it does the same thing all over again. I tried unplugging the power for 10 mins but that did not help. I suspect I took out a PWB? Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

cobiray
10-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Have you tried running it with out the finisher attached? I would guess that there is an issue with the finisher board since that is where you were working.

Also, I wouldn't go around plugging and unplugging any connectors on any copiers while the power is on. Not unless you like replacing boards.

copyman
10-11-2008, 03:22 AM
yes first thing i did was disconnect the finisher and still the same problem. like I posted I know about unplugging/plugging connectors with machine on. been a tech for 30 yrs. maybe the mind is slipping a little, could be all that fedron & toner I have inhaled over the years :-)

fixthecopier
10-11-2008, 04:12 AM
I would think if you plugged in a hot finisher connector and it is now acting crazy, a firmware rewrite may be the first step.

cobiray
10-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Can you print a meter page or anything from tech mode? Any codes in the history that might not have showed on the screen? If you aren't getting a code, jam or other message, I'm with Jerry. Update the ISW and start from there. After that I'd swap out boards starting with the main board and then others.

I know we used to be able to get away with this on the older analog machines. Ah, those were the days...

qcb copier
06-03-2009, 08:22 PM
i have a form feed problem with my Di-7210 copier when i send print to the copier can any one help me reply ASAP.

fixthecopier
06-03-2009, 11:26 PM
i have a form feed problem with my Di-7210 copier when i send print to the copier can any one help me reply ASAP.

The first thing you should do is start your own thread. The next is to give a lot more info about the problem than one line.

DUKEY
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
best thing to do is go to the tech rep mode and click rom versions,, check and see if one of the boards isn't reporting full version line... also in the dip switches! set dip sw 11-7 to on i think its 1 not o..then machine will show errors and jam codes on display as it happens...i think its the adu bd located under the fuser// i've had to replace many times do to techs in hurry or smoking to much lol...

Wynard
06-05-2009, 07:22 AM
I would try the firmware upgrade. From my understanding unplugging / plugging in connectors when the machine is powered up and running is very likely to corrupt the firmware on the affected boards. And corrupted firmwares do the weirdest things.

It would also be a start since a firmware upgrade is a relatively simple step (although KM arguably has one of the more complicated procedures for updating). Simple things first ;)

Custom Search