PDA

View Full Version : C252 Image Transfer Belt Reset Problem

Custom Search

Philinghorn
10-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Hello,

I have installed a new Image Transfer belt in a C252 all ok except I can't clear the count or warning to replace the belt. I know the machine should know when a new unit is replaced & reset the counters via the first time use fuse, this has blown.
Before I go back to the customer with a 80mA fuse to try again has anybody had this problem & how did you solve it ?

Thanks in advance

ni311
10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Do you get any P warning codes?

cobiray
10-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I've had or heard of a few where the fuse was blown/damaged/failed for some reason out of the box. Also, I had a tech put one in and then take it out and try and re use it with out re-fusing it.

Philinghorn
10-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

Ni311 - There are no error codes, only the message to replace the transfer belt unit.

Cobiray - A faulty fuse out of the box is what I'm hoping for, it definitely was a brand new unused unit, only in stock for 2 days before going out. Glad to hear a faulty fuse has happened before.

Thanks, will post a reply once we have been back to customer

ni311
10-22-2008, 05:20 PM
In the worst case scenario, PWB-M is faulty. I hope you'll get away just with a new 80 mA fuse :)

Philinghorn
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi,
Fitted new fuse today in belt unit, and all OK :D

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

mrwho
06-25-2009, 06:20 PM
If anyone is having this problem even with a 80mA fuse or a new transfer belt unit, try to turn off the machine for a couple of hours and then trying again.

Had this problem today in the morning, almost smashed my head into the machine due to the stress - then, after turning it off during lunch time, we came back, turned it on, tried again and it worked fine!

pepper38_cnd
06-27-2009, 11:46 PM
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I have seen this myself. Something as simple as an original left on the glass can cause the life counters not to clear. The machine sees the original left on glass as an error and wants it to be corrected before reseting the life counters. I saw this on a C351 after replacing an IU, the machine did everything I expected it to do but didn't clear the life counter, when I attempted to make a copy thru the DF is said original left on glass, once I removed the original the life counters cleared.

Custom Search