PDA

View Full Version : Can't print through PI 5501

Custom Search

alexxcopier
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
I've put Pi5501 in Di550 and can't print test page I have PING in 2-5 ms , i have web config with PageScope light i Can print Config page , NIC setup and PCL and PS fonts lists, but can't print anything else ?
I've tried with LPR, RAW queue everything
in properties the speed is 1ppm with PCL driver and unknown with PS driver
these are the latest and only drivers on support.konicaminolta.eu
Please give me some help with Tip or trick

Hansoon
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Machine settings / options settings OK in the driver?
There are lots of controller service codes between 1810 - 189F which are NOT showing in the copier display when they occur. The printing job being processed at that time is being discarded without further notice. Possible controller failure, controller memory, internal flat cable NIC-Controller.

Hans

copy shop
11-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Don't know if you ever got your copier running or not, but I ran accross your posting and thought maybe this may help.

ALSO - check your port number under printer properties in your computer,
I beieve it should say 9100 on that model; at least it is on the 551 & 650 models and if you have a key operater mode on the copier, key in the system inital settings, ip address and subnet there too. If you put in a static IP address, it is a MUST to do the key operator mode settings.
OR - There is also a way to reset the print controller back to the factory defaults, which in turn will put it back to atuo detect the ip address and DCHP will be turned on if it is not already and once you have your correct IP address you can then make it static (if you choose too).

If you can access the copier through the ip address, then it must be your port number setup / key operator mode setup.

-------------------------------------
You should be using PCL6 driver ONLY
-------------------------------------
If the below links don't work I found them at konicaminolta.us
and you can use this search info to find it on thier site. Category: Print ControllersModel: Pi5501
These are pdf files

08/21/2002Pi5501 Scanner Mode Operator Manual (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/productsattachments/manuals/Pi5501scannerops.pdf)393 KB1.008/21/2002Pi5501 Windows Printer Driver Operator Manual (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/productsattachments/manuals/Pi5501PCOps.pdf)2.1MB1.008/21/2002Pi5501 PageScope Light Operator Manual (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/productsattachments/manuals/Pi5501PageScopeOps.pdf)740 KB1.008/21/2002Pi5501 Network Interface Card Operator Manual (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/productsattachments/manuals/Pi5501nicops.pdf)1.3MB1.

TheOwl
11-20-2008, 06:04 AM
The Standard RAW Port number on the Pi5501's was 10001. This could be changed through the Web Interface.

If you can't get the NIC Config page to print out, then it could have been a)Disabled so that it won't print out on start up or b)A defective NIC.

I have seen quite a few of these NIC's die now due to age.

alexxcopier
12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
OK i tried almost everything. find another controller this time it is Pi5500 that is external fiery x3 absolutely same problem i have ping , got web administration got web print through it, but can't print through driver ??? I reset to defaults the internal controller ,changed queue in LPR mode /for example in 5501 print_MLT_08881 and print_BW-55 in Pi5500/ changed port numbers 10001 was typed i've changed in web admin on 9100 without success. Pi's are working both of them in other machines. I checked on another working Pi's for controller settings in service mode no success. i think is something wrong with network but i cant manege with this .
will be very thankful for any ideas that wasn't mentioned above

copy shop
12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Since you have reset to factory default; It will change your IP address back to automatic DCHP, so you may need to change your information in the key operator mode as well to match. Just check it to see that it matches your IP test print out.

ALSo for the port information, just changing it in the web tools is NOT enough. You need to go to printer proerties and change it there as well.
I have attached an example of another copier's information.

If your port is 10001, or 9100 change it here in the printer property options. Just right click on your copier/printer in the printers and faxes and selct properties.

NOTE: If you choose to set a static IP you will also have to change that information in the key operator mode as well.
DCHP is NOT a static IP address

alexxcopier
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry for bad explanation I'm a technician with experience in install and maintain of KM. Our company have a dozen of these Di 450/550 and for 4 or 5 years this is first problem caseSo many times the machines go from one client to another and everything with setup were Ok.
I appreciate exert efforts with upload of Images and explain in details but I already did it.
I'm looking for something very strange and hope to find somebody with same problem to read that post
Thank you guys: copy shop, TheOwl, Hansoon
If someway i fight the problem i promise to wright down :cool:

TheOwl
12-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Port names and numbers for your devices.

Pi5500 - LPR port name is 'print' if the print queue is enabled
- RAW port is '9100' as long as it is enabled on the Fiery

Pi5501 - LPR port name is 'PORT1' and is case sensitive
- Raw port is '10001' unless changed

It sounds funny, but with these older machines, sometimes you had to make the RAW port number one less than what you wanted.

For Example - 9099 for 9100 and 10000 for 10001 on the Pi5501 only

The other thing is to try and hook up a laptop via a cross over cable and see if you can configure the device then. I have seen crook ports on switches and hubs and found that older equipment can't Auto-Negotiate with gigabit switches / hubs / laptops.

The other thing would be to try and reflash the NIC firmware on the Pi5501.

While you were swapping the controllers in and out, did you remember to change the 'Paripherial Mode' in service mode to suit the controller that you put in? This will stop machine communication as well.

Hope this helps. :)

alexxcopier
12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
For Example - 9099 for 9100 and 10000 for 10001 on the Pi5501 onlyit is interesting will check these days

The other thing would be to try and reflash the NIC firmware on the Pi5501. Ok but controller print on another machine in another network ...

While you were swapping the controllers in and out, did you remember to change the 'Paripherial Mode' in service mode to suit the controller that you put in? This will stop machine communication as well.Yes i change them
keep in touch maybe on Friday will check these things Thanks ;)

pepper38_cnd
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
If I understand you have a known working controller, you took it off one machine that was printing fine and put it on this machine and no go? Just out of curiosity what type of print controller is the machine set for in tech rep / tech rep choice / controller type ?

TheOwl
12-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Another quick thought on this, You say that you are putting the controller into a Di550. What sort of machine did the controller come from?

I remember that you could put the Pi5501 into the Di551 and Di470 with special firmware.

Custom Search