PDA

View Full Version : network printing

Custom Search

amionaho
12-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I have a bizhub c350 that stopped printing after being off for about 2 months. The IP address ping returned a failure 100%. The driver was uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. The network light blinks and seemed normal no error message. Does anyone know what the matter is and how to fix this problem.

fixthecopier
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Did you reset the IP address in the machine ?

Scott_Lewis
12-08-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm going to -guess- that you were pinging from the customer's computer already on the network. Is the copier on the same network and subnet (address) as the computer you were pinging from? Can you ping the copier from a (properly configured) laptop using a crossover cable?

You will get ping failures if there is another device on the network using the same IP address. It would be unusual for there to be 100% failures. But, I'll bet you only ran 4 pings thus its possible for all four reponses to be corrupted. A quick check would be to disconnect the copier and rerun the ping test. The point being that the copier was off for so long it's IP address could easily have been assigned to another device.

Also, you could check that you can ping some other device on the network from that same computer just to rule out something odd happening.

amionaho
12-09-2008, 12:14 AM
How do you reset IP address. I have not done that.

amionaho
12-09-2008, 12:15 AM
I have troubled shoot this machine with your suggestion. The controller is funtional from the pad but not from the PC. Any idea how to fix?

stathistec
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
first reset to factory defaults the network of the machine

if the problem continuous try to update the machine the latest version is 46

good luck

Juxta5
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I have troubled shoot this machine with your suggestion. The controller is funtional from the pad but not from the PC. Any idea how to fix?

The controller will not be functional from a PC until the PC is using the same IP address as the Printer.... it can't see the printer. Is this printer connected directly to the PC via ethernet cable or is this printer connected to a network hub/switch. If the printer is connected to a network hub/switch and the network is DHCP, THEN the hub is trying to tell the printer what it's IP address needs to be, not the computer.

My suggestion: If you can get into the PRINTERS setup through its control panel, quiry what IP address the printer thinks it needs to be.

Then go into the computer, printer settings, highlight the printer,right mouse click, go to properties, find the connection tab and locate what IP address the computer THINKS the printer is and change it to the new one, restart the computer. This works for Windows XP.

Custom Search