PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF3102 Imaging Unit

Custom Search

spanky3739
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I've replaced a imaging unit twice on a minolta cf3102 copier and still machine says, "replace imaging unit". Any ideas on what is going on? Can i turn off the image unit stop on this machine to see if the imaging unit is operational?

fixthecopier
12-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Your machine has 4 image units. To make the message go away, you have to put in the color it is asking for, and the units have to be new OEM or rebuilt with a new chip, or a reset chip.

spanky3739
12-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Thanks.. the yellow is the problem and i have replaced it twice, both time with new IUs. All other have almost 75% life yet. Yellow still the problem. I don't know what is going on and want to turn off the Image Unit stop just to see if it will run.

fixthecopier
12-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Did not intend to be condescending but you gave very few details in your first post. You can not turn off any of the units. If you are using OEM new units and are having this problem, it may be that you have a firmware issue. The cost of a service call has got to be less than one of those IU's. I am assuming that you are an end user and not a tech. If your machine is well used, I have a brand new 3102 still boxed, for sale for $2000, buyer to pay shipping. The 4 new image units, fuser and transfer belt in the machine would retail for over $2000.

spanky3739
12-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Wish i would have know that 2 weeks ago. Just bought used with 185k copies. Only got 1000 copies before the yellow IU went out. Trying to get operational before getting the tech out for the evaluation to see if they will put it under contract with us. We are a very small non-profit and not much $$$. trying to save a few dollars plus we need to make 200 more newsletters to finish our urgent mailing. Running out of time.....
My understanding is you can shut off the imaging unit sensor and continue to run. The IU was fine before stopped for toner. After put toner in got message replace IU. We have a service manual but can not locate.

fixthecopier
12-18-2008, 02:26 AM
On newer machines you can turn off the software switches so you do not get those messages. On this machine you can not. If you could, there would not be such a big business for reset chips. Look in this forum for chipresetter and that will at least give you a cheap way to reset the message. I have never had your problem before, but someone else on this forum may still respond with more info on your problem. We have lots of these in the field and tomorrow I will ask other techs if they have had similar problems. Sorry I could not be of more help. Do not dispose of your old IU's as you can reset and reuse them. Good Luck!

pepper38_cnd
12-18-2008, 02:31 AM
You cannot bypass IU message once it appears, but if your problems started right after a replace toner message. Then the toner may be issue not the IU. I do not know how exactly they are tied together but I have seen bad IU chips give a toner message and bad\wrong toner give an IU message. If you did not replace toner with an OEM cartridge I would start with that, or even if you still have it put the expired toner back in and see what happens.

RockETop
12-18-2008, 05:18 AM
If you have an active/current P code, the IU's will not reset. Run a management list to see or hit the Fiery icon if installed.

kmcopier
12-18-2008, 10:38 PM
also check if the connector fits correct it happens that the connector in the machine is bend too the back and then is also does not reset.

Custom Search