PDA

View Full Version : Konica C550 Imaging Unit

Custom Search

BrentV
01-20-2009, 03:03 PM
How long will C550 CMYK Imaging Units last if it has never been opened? I'm concerned that a couple imaging units may not be any good or will have a shortened life span although they have been in original packaging and in the box. I also have the same question about toner. Any input? Brent

fixthecopier
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Toner and the developer are said to have a shelf life. The I.U.'s are based on page count and lots of them fail before their time. I think I can remember one time that the problem was because of old toner and that was an HP. If you already own it , use it, and if somewhere down the line you encounter image quality problems, be sure to mention if the supplies are excessively old. Depending on what you are printing, you may never notice a problem that would be caused by expired supplies.

mitchl
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Fix, I think he's asking what the shelf life is if it's never opened which if stored properly temp and humidity wise should be a considerable amount of time. I really haven't ever heard of a given shelf life just precautions on proper storage.

BrentV
01-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes these have never been opened. I'm looking at using them in the next 1 yr and they may be a year old. So by the time they are depleted based on our current usage and expected yields they will be 3 yrs old.

fixthecopier
01-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I would not worry about the I.U.'s, as much as the toner and I would not worry much about it either. I think the shelf life is around 2 years on HP toner, I have not heard about Konica Minolta.

mitchl
01-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Again if they are stored properly they should be fine even after 3 years......... The best KM does for guidence is " store in a cool dry place" so if you keep the humidity down and the ambient temp in the room temp range or better they should last a while.

Custom Search