PDA

View Full Version : Fiery X3eTY 50_45C-KM 1.01 question

Custom Search

primozks
01-20-2009, 10:54 PM
How can I print a calibrator page for thick 1 or thick 2 paper on this rip connected to C451?

Does anybody have actual PS file for 34 sorted or random patches?

Colorwise tools Calibrator allows printing only for normal paper.

Thanks,
Primoz

random
01-21-2009, 05:28 AM
load only thick paper in the tray and when you print it force the tray.

primozks
01-21-2009, 08:07 AM
But the speed and amount of toner would be the same as for plain paper. I need proper calibration for each paper separately, to create ICC.
And ICC measuring basically depends on Dmax for each paper.

random
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
If memory serves me correctly if you set the paper to the stock weight you want and print the page, when the screen asks for the paper select that tray and press start. It should just come out.

Your only other alternative is profile the paper and get the user to change the destination profile when they print on that stock.

The profiler software I use can generate a PDF of the patch pages. You would print this using the normal method in acrobat.

Keep in mind this is an office machine.

primozks
01-21-2009, 08:43 AM
For matchprinting I use Canon w6400 with colorproof XF, so I don't need matchprint machine, but I would like to get as close results as possible.
When I measure the color verifier charts made by C451 they are in average 3.5 delta E.
I also measured the densities made by uncalibrated C451 printer on normal paper and thick2 (simulated EFI calibration testchart in Illustrator), and in thick 2 the color space is much greater than on normal paper.

I will describe how I thought to make individual paper profiles with correct densities.
1. Print simulated testchart on different types of paper on uncalibrated machine.
2. Through calibrator measure the testchart and apply calibration for specific paper.
3. Print patches with linearisation applied
4. Measure patches and create profile.

For above mentioned I need: Proper values for linearisation chart for all 34 patches or original 34 sorted patches PS file. (The file in RIP is sent to direct queue and cannot be changed. Also it has paper priority enabled and you can't fool it by pointig to other tray). I also created Image file of the RIP disk, pulled the PS out, but it seems to be somehow encrypted.

In this case I have to recalibrate linearisation chart every time I print on different type of paper.

The other, more convinient way would be as described in the manual of EFI color profiler, to generate Calibration set with linking calibration (linearisation) to specific ICC profile and type of paper.
But in some strange way this is not supported on this specific RIP. I don't know if this is only on my machine, or is it "forgotten" for the whole package. The checkbox in Output profile tab on profile manager - link to media is missing (page 28 in attached PDF). I was hoping that there is some patch for Fiery to enable it.

random
01-21-2009, 09:34 AM
You have a dE between the 451 and what? The canon or an iso control strip?

I probably have a copy of the orignal Fiery calibration chart somewhere but like you say you will have to calibrate each time you change stock as this engine only holds one calibration set.

I have not worked on this specific RIP but I can check at work to see if I can turn it on somehow. I have never seen this availabe on any of the business machines and can only suggest that the reference in the manual is a typo as when you calibrate, as you have found, you only have one option.

Although it is pretty exspensive it is still a 1/4 the cost of a production rip so I'd say media defined profiles won't be availabe for that rip.

primozks
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
dE is between print an ISO reference, but on normal linearisation. Peak dE is only on two patches 7.45. I believe, that if linearisation was made on this specific paper, dE would be even lower.

If you can get the file for ES1000 and DTP32, that would be great. I usually print on 170g gloss, office printing will be done without Fiery. Linearisation is quickly created, so I'm willing to do that every time I change a paper.

I thought so, that this RIP is some Limited edition, but hoped that there is an error on RIP, not the manual.

Thanks.

Custom Search