PDA

View Full Version : c250 Just try to fix me

Custom Search

xpress
02-04-2009, 12:41 AM
We have a c250 that is not getting a warm fuser and gives codes for bad thermistors. Fuser works fine in other machines.

we switched out pwb-m and Pu-1 and tested in other machines and they work.

all the wiring from the main switch, to the boards, to the fuser and no help. Even the wiring from fuser to mainboard (grey ones it pulgs into, not power)

Getting also 2152, 5102, transfer belt seperation, main motor error, but funny enough they all want you to change the same parts.

Anything else? we've had this for weeks and the poor things just sitting in the corner

cboucher
02-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Try looking at main charge. Weird code problems are often caused by leaking charge.

Haroldbfix
02-04-2009, 02:29 AM
We have a c250 that is not getting a warm fuser and gives codes for bad thermistors. Fuser works fine in other machines.

we switched out pwb-m and Pu-1 and tested in other machines and they work.

all the wiring from the main switch, to the boards, to the fuser and no help. Even the wiring from fuser to mainboard (grey ones it pulgs into, not power)

Getting also 2152, 5102, transfer belt seperation, main motor error, but funny enough they all want you to change the same parts.

Anything else? we've had this for weeks and the poor things just sitting in the corner

Does it code again after a trouble reset?

masterteknicion
02-04-2009, 04:11 AM
For the 2152 code try this. Remove the screws on the right side of the machine that hold the metal plates for the trans belt. Close vertical door and reset code, if the code resets then put the screws back and your done.

Also see this bulletin.

kmcopier
02-04-2009, 02:34 PM
The C2152 modification is for the C203,253,353 and not for the C250-252.

xpress
02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Try looking at main charge. Weird code problems are often caused by leaking charge.

What/where is the "main charge" and how would one check to see if it's leaking or not? Sorry if it's a stupid question, we're just absolutely stumped and have seemingly checked all possibilities, and none of our manuals have entries for anything in regards to this.

And yes, we get codes after every trouble reset, and often they are different.

harry2007
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Same problems with other copiers- check or change main power switch or dor (front or right) interlock switch. Incredible ...but so real !

albano
02-04-2009, 08:29 PM
HI, the firmware version is the latest ? there's another equipment too near, around the konica ?

xpress
02-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Same problems with other copiers- check or change main power switch or dor (front or right) interlock switch. Incredible ...but so real !

Done...still no change

pepper38_cnd
02-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Do trouble reset. Then power the machine on with the front door open, pull out 1 or 2 of the image units and reinsert them. Close the front door stabilization should start immediately with the main motor turning, if you get a code right away it may be a main motor problem or something is binding.

xpress
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Do trouble reset. Then power the machine on with the front door open, pull out 1 or 2 of the image units and reinsert them. Close the front door stabilization should start immediately with the main motor turning, if you get a code right away it may be a main motor problem or something is binding.

We've done both, switched all the IUs, and switched the main motor as well, and things have not improved.

pepper38_cnd
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Well this is a long shot but I had one that gave me serious grief, it turned out to be a bad IU constantly calling for toner. Take the exit tray cover off so you can see the toner add drives for all toners, when you start the machine after trouble reset watch and see if the toner add drive is chattering ( rocking back in forth ) note one drive motor for 2 toners. If it is pull out the toner cartridges and see which one has the spout clogged solid, if you find one in this condition Change the IU. I do know how stupid this sounds, but this did happen to me, I went the rout of replacing the toner drive and that is a big waste of time and energy.

xpress
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
well im not getting anything too crazy, it just has a 0 degrees C for the roller. Also i knowtaced even a trouble reset will pop the fuser code up as the machine is STATING, it doesn't even get to the main copy screen before the code appers.

pepper38_cnd
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Well the only items in the fuser control are PU1, PWB-M, Power Supply, S1 and S2. Harry2007 already told you to change the the right interlock that is S2 which is what I would look at now since you say you have tried every thing else.
http://www.geocities.com/pepper38_cnd/C250FuserControl.jpg

xpress
02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes, did that, Switched bouth of them, told you its a wierd one, So were switching another PWM-B and PU, but thats about it, we could make a stand alone fuser at this point from all we replaced :(

Switched Everything almost 2x now, and were testing parts in another c250 next to it as we go, like a check the broken check the working. the m1 code is now M3 due to me switching the motors, but the fuser is still cold. All the swiches work and everything "clicks' when closed and all that good stuff.

pepper38_cnd
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
What is the code you get?

xpress
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Still the 3451, the thermister temps dont match, but the fuser works fine in the machnie next to it. On the broken one in tech rep, I can watch the temp stay at 0degrees C. Getting random motor codes. The fuser error is not comming up imiditly now. It will stablise the image for 30 sec before I get it.

dcopylady
02-11-2009, 07:48 AM
;)There are two interlock switches on the right side door. 1 tells copier the door is closed (rear), and other is a safety, tells copier is ok to turn on the fuser (front). If the copier door is closed but the safety is open, it will pre-run but then throw a fuser warm up code. Check the following:
Duplex mounting screws are tight.
Look for damaged door latch hooks.
Is the door actually warped?
Manually 'fool' both interlocks with the door open and see if your fuser warms.
If not, check safety switch with multimeter.
Check that the FRONT door interlock latches securley.
Check the wire harness for damage where it goes through the frame right behind tthe fuser.
Check bypass feed table harness, that the wires are not smashed in the pivot point.
Also check optics and as many other frame bottoms for rodent droppings!

pepper38_cnd
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I agree with dcopylady. I still think it is S2 it's in the front on the right side and if I'm not mistaken it is the same interlock switch that plagued the 7040 even tho the part number is different. What I would do is pull the wires off the switch and jumper them together and see if you get heat. This switch is a push switch and does not click, checking it with a meter is not always a good test as the contacts become high resistance under load due to carbon build up.

Having a ball
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
How are you performing the trouble reset for this machine? if the code is continually ocuring it may be the fuser unit this is common on these machines, I would also check the firmware version should be KO and change dsw 50 the other codes could be the fact of removing the boards and refitting them incorrectly and may not be the intial problem but a prob caused by the repair attempt.

ni311
02-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Did you try to measure the voltage on the fuser connectors? Is there any?

DadO
02-16-2009, 06:16 AM
I think the machine is shouting for replacement. At the end, repair will be something barely noticeable and u will waste more weeks till that.

Do ur self a favor :o....

tech51
02-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Don`t know if this will help but may be worth going through just in case.

Description

C3451 (C-3451) or C3452 (C-3452).

Solution

CAUSE: Heater Not Warming Up. The voltage of the Fusing Pressure Roller Thermistor does not increase by five steps within 20 seconds after the pre-drive
of the Fusing Roller has been started during warm-up cycle.
SOLUTION: There are a few things that may cause the problem:
1. Check that the Fusing Unit is correctly installed.
2. Reseat connections on the Fusing Unit, PWB-MFPB and DCPU.
3. Change Fusing Unit (p/n 9J06 R705 00; p/n4038075400 for the bizhub C250).
4. Change bizhub C300 PWB-MFPB - Control Board (p/n 9J06-H003-01);bizhub C352 PWB-MFPB - Control Board (p/n 9J06-0101-02); bizhub C250
PWB-MFP (p/n4038012106).
5. If the problem persists, replace Power Supply - DCPU (p/n 9J06 6201 01; p/n4038 6201 02 for the bizhub C250).

xpress
02-17-2009, 05:51 PM
The strange has only gotten stranger:

So we replaced the machine's main motor with one from another functioning machine...since then we have got a full start and warm up, which we never had before, and it even runs a copy, but no ink comes out on the copy.

That happened last week.

And now, I tried to start it this morning and got 2 of the C3451 messages (even though I could see the fuser warming up), then after 2 trouble resets, it warmed up fully and ran another blank copy from our test sheet.

It's so freaking bizarre. Any ideas?

Thanks

Cantechman
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
I have seen that error on the same model 2 different times on the same machine. I ended up rewriting the firmware and it was fine. Was ok for about 9 months then started again, so once again I rewrote firmware. So far so good.

dudley
02-18-2009, 04:06 AM
C250 uses a weird temp program and there was a bulletin for fuser codes on bad power. Had a lot of trouble with them. If you go to software switch settings and change sw50 bit1(right most bit) to a 1, it will go back to conventional monitoring of the fuser temp. Fixed up alot of our machines. This works on C250, C252, C352 and maybe a couple of others.

Didn't see in your posts but have you swapped the power supply? the relays and triacs are on that board, maybe a bad relay for the lamps.

Custom Search