PDA

View Full Version : loose developer

Custom Search

cristian
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I have 3 MINOLTA DI 620 machines.At two of them , after i have changed the developer, i usualy turn the main axe manualy, one -two turns, and the developer comes out. I have put at each of the units a small piece of rubber under the clamp which maintains the axes of the magnetic rolls (in the opposite part of the motor) and the leak was stopped by moving the axes with one - two milimetres in the opposite part of the magnetic rolls. Does anyone have any idea about a more technical suggestion for fixing this problem? My technician has told me that the amount of developer on the magnetic rolls cannot be set to a larger or smaller amount. I have changed all the 2+2 (red&yellow) space rolls which could cause this problem, when the developing unit was in the machine. But the problem occurs when the developing unit is in the machine and especially after i change the developer. I have to be sure that i don't lose the developer before i put the unit in the machine.

cobiray
02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
So developer is just falling out of the units with out the units being turned? Is it coming out in the area of the magnetic rollers?

Could be worn seals in the developer or the magnetism in the rollers could just be wearing off. I think these have springs holding the magnetic rollers in place too, could be broken or damaged springs.

kink#2
02-05-2009, 02:37 AM
If you clean the bottom plate of the DV unit when you do your PM.
try unscrew the screw on the center of that plate a few turns.
it should fix it.

cristian
02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
the developer comes out from the magnetic rollers when i turn manualy the main axe , or when i put the unit in the mchine and i give some copies, i find the developer lost under the cilinder .The magnetism in the roller is out of question , because it works good when i move the outside rolls axes 1-2 mm to the interior.There are not springs and axes of the magnetic rollers are moving with 2-3 mm.
Interesting ideea with the screw bottom plate of the DV.I will try to unscrew few turns.Thanks.

kalindd
02-05-2009, 10:10 AM
So is the developer spilling from the center? if yes.
Try cleaning the measuring plate ,that is located under the lower mag. roll ,
see attachment.

Custom Search