PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta di 5510 web assembly question

Custom Search

brent
02-12-2009, 04:29 AM
I am having a similar problem as in the other thread. I have 2 km di 5510's that I am using katun web assemblies. well what happened twice now is the web is not advancing on the side that is used up. I can manually hit the little clicker and it will work but only for half a turn or so. it appears that the katun web assembly's gear is too small? I don't have a minolta one to compare with. has anyone else seen this? what ultimately happens is too much web gets onto the ufr and it sucks it in and jams like a crazy man. any information would be great?

brent

redhotrob
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
If you don't reset the web part counter, the machine stops advancing the web.

fixthecopier
04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
The amount of advancement of the web depends on how much the count is on the web. On average the web clicks one time for every 12-14 copies. If you zero out the counter every time you visit the machine, it will help the fuser, as the web advances more often when it is new. Watch for toner pickup on the UFR, it may grab the web. Open the door and watch it run and you will see if it clicks.

brent
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
this post is so old. and I have fixed it. it was not an issue with the web counter. I am one for resetting counters when neccesary. but it was a problem with the web drive assembly in the fuser itself. took the 2 screws out of the front and replaced the gear train and it was ok. problem with the pick up side of the web. simply not picking it up at all

brent

Custom Search