PDA

View Full Version : Di551 type Devloper Gears?

Custom Search

Joe Foe from Buffalo
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I have am having a rash of Di 551 type mach's needing developer drive gears and bushings that are on the back side of the developer units and don't know if it's just dum luck so many different mach's are in need of them or some thing else is causing it...... like developer.

minimerlin
02-15-2009, 08:20 PM
The dev tanks can leak at the lid..on the rear corner above the gears, but once the bushes go the shafts also are scored so the new bushes will fail very soon!!

Only fix is to replace the unit..also make sure that the lid is taped as well.

Joe Foe from Buffalo
02-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Thank you for the reply and info. Non of mine leak at the lid..on the rear corner above the gears though. I have checked the shafts thinking they may be bad like you mentioned and non of the four - six of the mach's I have had this look bad. They may be on the way out since I only eye balled them in the Dev. unit so time will tell. It's very odd though how I'm all of a sudden having these gears and bushings go. All with in a weeks of each other.

fixthecopier
02-15-2009, 09:44 PM
The smallest gear goes first. If the bushings get sloppy the gear starts to grind down. Try changing the bushings and small gear when you do a developer change, it is cheaper than doing another developer change. I think it was a design flaw. On the bizhub 600, the small gear got larger.

Custom Search