PDA

View Full Version : KM6500 band 108mm from lead edge of image

Custom Search

random
02-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Hello, I have machine that has a blur (light) band about 108mm from the image edge. Any one stuck this before?http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=976&stc=1&d=1234851874

Haroldbfix
02-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Whats the thickness of the paper? Does it happen form all trays?
There is a transfer roller pressure adjustment in the paper tray setting that will increase or decrease the lower transfer roller tension for certain media types to prevent jitter.

There was one in San Antonio that I heard about, the solution had to do with the fuser and transfer belt speed. I will have to call the guy who went out there for more details. Im not sure if it was 108mm. Ill check tommorrow and post accordingly

random
02-18-2009, 06:02 AM
It does it from 200 -> 300 gsm haven't tried any other weights as that seems bad enough. I have played with transfer roller settings, seperation voltages and done a default recall without any luck.

I would appreciate if you ask your friend. The important thing to note it is 108mm from the image edge not the edge of the paper.

Thanks

Mr Spock
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
If it is a copy job then I would suspect optics. If it is a print job then could be a drum issue.

dudley
02-19-2009, 06:03 AM
First thing I would check is your fuser speed as 108 seems about right for bumping into the fuser rollers which might cause a shake at the 2nd transfer

I did have a problem with lines at different distances on different colors but can't remember the distances. I'm told by tech support that it the nature of the beast, heavy stock bumps into the transfer roller and causes the t belt to shake causing a slight blur at the first transfer roller for each color, so the blur will be at a different spacing for each color due to the spacing between drums.

No fix for it I'm afraid

Si@danwood
02-19-2009, 06:27 AM
First thing I would check is your fuser speed as 108 seems about right for bumping into the fuser rollers which might cause a shake at the 2nd transfer

I did have a problem with lines at different distances on different colors but can't remember the distances. I'm told by tech support that it the nature of the beast, heavy stock bumps into the transfer roller and causes the t belt to shake causing a slight blur at the first transfer roller for each color, so the blur will be at a different spacing for each color due to the spacing between drums.

No fix for it I'm afraid

I agree,i have also been told that it is the nature of the beast.Sometimes fitting a pm kit will improve matters slighty(new transfer rollers and lower roller) .Also where possible ,ask the user if they can have the paper cut through 90 degrees(that is to say with the grain to give more flexability) not an ideal solution but the best we can hope for

random
02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
For that particular fault you should set the second transfer roller pressure to low and adjust the AC separation. This problems is different as it will move with the lead edge of the image. But you are right the blur happens just as the edge of the toner hits the nip.

Si@danwood
02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Ok does this happen on single colours I.e what is the result when you use test pattern 53 with each colour set to a comparable level that you are experiencing this,I.E set cyan to 200 say and the other colours to 0...then try same but mag to 200 and all others to 0...does the fault occur both times? if only on 1 colour i would go for dev unit if not then maybe transfer roller?Or just a thought try face up mode cos i have had occorences of flats onthe decurler roller(foam) having a flat on it giving same affect...hope this helps out ...Si

kmcopier
02-20-2009, 09:00 PM
There is an technical information for this problem.

Gr kmcopier

Haroldbfix
02-20-2009, 10:25 PM
It does it from 200 -> 300 gsm haven't tried any other weights as that seems bad enough. I have played with transfer roller settings, seperation voltages and done a default recall without any luck.

I would appreciate if you ask your friend. The important thing to note it is 108mm from the image edge not the edge of the paper.

Thanks

Sorry, for the delay I have not been able to get a hold of the tech. I should have some info for you for sure on Monday.

Custom Search