PDA

View Full Version : Image Units Lines On Copies

Custom Search

fishleg
03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm fairly new to this game coming from like 7022 background so the C253 C350 are very different with their belt, image unit, transfer roller etc but I'm trying the more I can read up about them the better so forgive any stupidity on my part.

Proberly a daft question to most but have you ever had it where you get lines on the copies usually the top end of the sheet then when examining the transfer roller you see a band of toner like as if one of the drums is spilling toner onto the belt. Other than replacing the drum is there anything you can do to fix this I know lines can be caused by drum/belt but on a couple I've played with its always usually the drums. So can these units be opened up to clean the charge or maybe even the blade or would that not help in these cases ?

My company mainly deals with Konica machines and I'm still learning the ropes so to speak and our in house training isnt exactly ideal more like shot you in the **** and see what mess you get into. Any advice you guys would give to someone basically just wanting to know how to fix or what to read up on ?

fixthecopier
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
If you are describing color bands of toner, sometimes solid colors, sometimes a mix, on the outside edge of the paper, I have found the transfer belt to be the problem. Nothing you can do but change it. It is almost like the belt is shorting out and pulling the toner out of the IU's.

minimerlin
03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I have had this problem twice ( on C253s) in the last week. First time I could shift the tray inset to move the paper towards the front of the copier and mask the fault...until fitting a new black image unit to fix it. Second time had to change black IU again (different machine).

I also find that the tray inserts can move very easily over time as users slam them shut...make sure that they are set to centred position.

fishleg
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Yay at least its not only me :). Yeah bit cheeky but I did the same thing mechanically altered the tray so its off the paper but I wonder what's actually doing it. I've seen it on perfectly good drums seems a waste unless its something majorly going inside them.

Custom Search