PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 500 Network Printing Fails

Custom Search

Steppenwolf
03-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Hi All,

I have had a lot of success with networked printers over the years, but MFPs are relatively new to me, although I have a few successes under my belt.

I thought this would be the best place to come for some help from people who know their stuff inside-out.

I am trying to get a bizhub 500 working with network printing. I can access the web setup page, ping the ip etc.. but I can't seem to get a print job to it. I have used PCL and PS drivers on WinXP. I have tried permutations of the Authentication options. No joy.

Ulitmately, I would like any user physically connected to the network to be able to print without authenticating and I am not worried about usage tracking.

Any help would be appreciated, I am starting to think it is firmware/ROM related, and we may have to call in our vendor.

Thanks,
Stephen

konisolver
03-14-2009, 04:20 PM
You need the print controller. You are missing the controller. The bizhub500 is out of the box ready for scanning but not printing.

Steppenwolf
03-14-2009, 06:42 PM
OK. That would make sense... that is why I didn't see the IPP option and some other things referenced in the documentation like the option to print from the web interface.

Thanks,
Stephen

redime
03-16-2009, 11:10 PM
OK. That would make sense... that is why I didn't see the IPP option and some other things referenced in the documentation like the option to print from the web interface.

Thanks,
Stephen
You are looking for the IC-204, $1500 suggested retail from Konica.

Its a little EEPROM you plug into the back, you will probably be able to find em online for cheaper or from used machines etc.

Custom Search