PDA

View Full Version : bizhub di470 scanning what am I missing

Custom Search

geoman2222
03-16-2009, 03:25 AM
I was wondering if someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong. I have a computer that is setup for one touch scanning that would scan to a folder on the computer(c:/scans) via ftp. I could choose pdf and it would scan and drop the pdf into the scans folder at the root of C: (this computer works fine when hooked up, but I need to install a faster computer in its place).So I went into the network configuration of the computer and copied all the static ip info, I then unhooked the computer and installed a new pc in its place. I went into the network config of the new computer and entered the old pc's ip info, I then created the same folder which was called scans and set the sharing of it on the C: drive. and then downloaded the konica FTP utility and installed it. I'm able to log into the printer it shows the scans folder and the ip address which is 192.168.1.206/scans and it is checked off anonymus login but the proxy setting is all zero's. I have made sure the firewall was turned off. but when I try to scan to the folder it scans but doesn't go into the folder, if i leave the printers configuration page open it says something like the ftp is busy.. The things that have changed from the original computer is the workgroup name, the computer name, and obviously the mac address, and the fact its windows service pack 3, I don't have the admins password for the printer so I have to try to get the old settings to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Do I need to setup a windows ftp client?

Thanks
George

time2fly
03-16-2009, 05:06 AM
It doesn't matter what ver. of windows your using. I've set this up on Vista and works fine. The Admin. password is, "sysadm". Now what you need to do is make sure that you setup the scan button on the copier itself. You have to setup on the web interface then setup the scan button to match the web setup. If you need more help post back and I will explain more tomorrow. Good Luck

geoman2222
03-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Yes the printer has a scans folder on it and is pointing to the correct ip address. But do i have to change anything on the printer even if I used the same ip address as the old pc?

TheOwl
03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
In the Konica Minotla FTP Util, make sure that you set your 'Home Directory' to c:\ either that or set it to c:\scans and then change your copier so that the folder is \ Getting the 'Home Directory' right on the PC and copier is important cause if one mismatches the other, nothing will work.

The other thing to test is to see if the FTP connection is running on your PC correctly. You might an issue with a firewall or something similar. Here's how to check.

On the PC with the FTP Util.
1. Start - Run - cmd - OK
2. ftp localhost
3. Attempt to login with your username and password for the FTP
4. If you logged in ok, then the FTP Util is working

On another PC that can talk to the FTP Server
1. Start - Run - cmd - OK
2. ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace x's with IP address of FTP Server)
4. If this fails, then there is a firewall issue on the FTP Server

Hope this helps. There is also another thread where I have given these details plus a little more. See if you can find that and it might help a little more.

907tec
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
just something to add to the above:

once youve ftp'd into your own server (ftp localhost), it might be worth trying to copy/paste/list something in the folder to make sure you have proper permissions. type "dir" and make sure it lists the root folder contents: ive seen antivirus programs that allowed the initial ftp connection but put up a fuss when viewing and making changes to folders.

then just type "bye" to log out.

kmcopier
03-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Yep Anti Virus programs with build in firewalls are blocking port:21 Go to permisons our allowed settings for makingen an exception for your machine

geoman2222
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Ok I have followed step by step.. I have not gotten far though. When I type FTP localhost it says ftp: connect :Unkown error number and then gives me the FTP> prompt. How do I log into the ftp?

I have tried connecting from another pc on the network it says connection closed by local host.

I'm running AVG anti-virus free edition if that makes a difference.

Thanks Guys
George

TheOwl
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Your FTP server isn't running then. The Konica Minolta FTP programs need to be started before you can FTP in.

I prefer to use IIS which is built into just about all Windows versions. There is an FTP component in IIS that runs as a service so that you don't have to run any programs just so that the copier can scan.

aaront22
06-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Is there an FAQ available on how to setup the BizHub Di470 to a network?

Thanks

poz31
06-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Here is so far what I’ve done…..
Reset the print server (sw1 #4)
Set to print from computer

Set up in the pages scope the folder (192.168.1.100\scan) port 21...scan is a shared folder in c: (c:\scan)

Set up a scan key named Scan settings for this is 192.168.1.100\scan

When I try to scan I get a massage “Invalid destination” on the pagescope

Also I did set up the Minolta ftp utility with same settings (in one of the post I read I needed to set up the ftp utility)

I've ahnge teh ftp settings my laptop did not used a password so i set up to use one....
when I do ftp localhost it request the login name and the password
buy still I'm getting invalid destination I 've turn off the firewalls (xp and bitdefender)
and stil same thing
is there a missing step????

pepper38_cnd
06-15-2009, 10:37 PM
If scan is the root in your FTP you do not list it on the MFP as OWL said just put the path as " \ " without the quotes .

TheOwl
06-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Try these settings on your machine.

Host: 192.168.1.100
Destination: Scan

Don't put in any '\'s or '/'s into the destination unless you are going down to a child directory with in your FTP Home Directory.

The copier will automatically turn the host and destination above in to the required format.

ie. \\192.168.1.100\Scan (file://\\192.168.1.100\Scan)

Before anyone gets stuck into me about the slashes, yes I know that FTP uses forward slashes, but for some reason the Minolta's don't unless you are using a Linux / Mac FTP server.

With this setting, I would assume that you have set C:\ as your Home Directory with in your FTP server software such as MS IIS or Minolta Pagescope Cabinet. If you have set C:\Scan as the home directory, then you will need to change the destination to '\' or '.' to make the copier drop files directly into that folder.

Make sure that you allow FTP in your firewall. All you have to do is open up port 21. The Windows firewall is easy to do this. Open up Windows Firewall and then click on the Advanced tab, select the NIC that you use mostly (there might be both your Wired and Wireless adapters in the list) and click on Settings. You will see FTP in the list here, make sure it is ticked and then click OK to everything.

You don't need to share you C:\Scan folder as FTP work differently to SMB. The only reason you would share the folder is so that other computers on your network can access the folder.

poz31
06-16-2009, 11:50 PM
:Dthanks to all of you for the help....... mine is up and ready:cool:

pepper38_cnd
06-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Poz31 I'm glad it work for you, plz help the everyone else and explain your resolution.

poz31
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok
On the c: drive
Set up a folder to send items to be scanned OWL “said you don't need to share you C:\Scan folder as FTP work differently to SMB. The only reason you would share the folder is so that other computers on your network can access the folder.”
I named “scan”
Set up the ftp utility ( i used an ftp utility i found in one of the post)
First I check the ftp….. OWL “said to do an ftp local host”
1. Start - Run - cmd – OK
2. ftp localhost
4. If you logged in ok, then the FTP Utility is working
But it gave me error so I set it with user and password
Settings for ftp utility:
Port = 21
Root folder = \
User = XXXX (my name)
Password = XXXX (anything will do)
This setting will be use on the page scope
On the page scope light (PI 4700e interface)
Login
Select scanner tab
File destination
Select
Destination name = ftp (this could be anything but remember it ‘couse we’ll need this later on)
Ftp Server Address = the ip where you will scan
Directory = scan (the directory on you c drive where the files q are to be sent I named scan)
Proxy = don’t checked
Remote Port Number = 21
Account information:
User = same as the ftp utility
Password = same as the ftp utility
Confirm =
Apply
On the copier
Press the Utility key.

On the display panel press the Job/Image/Scan Input button.

Press the Scanner Address. Input button.

Select an unused One Touch Button.

Under Name for Directory enter a descriptive name for the One Touch. (This can be anything you want).

Press Next.

Select the Folder key.

Under Address Input enter the same name you entered for Destination Name

This entry is case sensitive.

Press Enter. Press Enter again. Press Exit. Press Exit again.

Check for the port 21 this needs to be open
Talk to the network administrator for permissions
I did this set up on my laptop cause on the costumer network I couldn’t (later on I learned the have some rules – locks that needed to be modified- that did not allow me to set it up)

time2fly
06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
As owl said it's important to give permissions for the firewall, this gets missed some times. If you can use the ftp utility from Konica Minolta, it's easier to setup. The ftp utility handles the final destination of the scanned file the setup in the mfp only sends it to the right ftp server ie ip address. On a 470 there are two different setups, the web interface setup and the setup at the copier LCD screen. Here's a link to download the ftp utility and the doc's: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/245958482/FTPUtilitySetup.exe)
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/245958481/FTPUtility_readme_E.pdf)

TheOwl
06-18-2009, 11:59 PM
And here is a step by step guide on how to setup MS IIS (my preferred FTP server). I wrote this up for our techs here ages ago and they seem to be able to get everything working.

It doesn't have copier setup instructions, but makes sure your FTP server will run. I also didn't include firewall changes as there are too many firewalls available.

Hope this helps people.

Custom Search