PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C352 Fuser Reset

Custom Search

Digital Graphics
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
I have read a few threads about replacing a fuse in the KM C352 fuser unit to reset it, and extend its life, but the descriptions of the fuse location are vague. Can someone tell me exactly where this fuse is. I have removed the unit and looked for the fuse but I can't seem to find anything that looks like a fuse. "Under the cover next to the long connector" doesn't tell me much as there are 2 connectors and several plastic covers. Am I making this harder than it needs to be?

pepper38_cnd
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I have read a few threads about replacing a fuse in the KM C352 fuser unit to reset it, and extend its life, but the descriptions of the fuse location are vague. Can someone tell me exactly where this fuse is. I have removed the unit and looked for the fuse but I can't seem to find anything that looks like a fuse. "Under the cover next to the long connector" doesn't tell me much as there are 2 connectors and several plastic covers. Am I making this harder than it needs to be?

The fuse is a Pico Fuse looks like a little green resistor, it is covered by shrink wrap with a tie wrap on either side. The shrink wrap may be clear, black or grey. It is located within 2 inches of the plug that connects to the copier.

Digital Graphics
03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
The fuser unit on my C352 connects to the printer in 2 places. 1. On the right side (in back) of the unit as you're disconnecting it from the copier (1 connector) and... 2. on the left side of the unit (front of the copier) 2 small connectors. The first connector?

Thanks so much for your help.

pepper38_cnd
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.geocities.com/pepper38_cnd/C352Fuser.jpg

Digital Graphics
03-26-2009, 01:07 AM
My Fuser Unit looks a little different than your illustration but I think I found the Fuse. What do you think? Thanks again, you are awsome!!!

http://dggraphics.org/fuse.jpg

pepper38_cnd
03-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Ok you got it but the fuser you have sure looks like the fuser from a C350 not a C352? But yes that is the Pico fuse.

xcopy
03-26-2009, 05:07 AM
The fuse is of the main connecter plug. It is close to the connector under heat shrink. You have to take of the side plastic cover. The fuse is tiny.
Cheers.

Custom Search