PDA

View Full Version : ARM207 Black lines sending fax's only

Custom Search

Passthebiscuits
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
It has perfectly spaced out black horizontal lines that looks like a lined A4 note pad, but only on sent fax.

Receives ok
Tried replacing fax boards and cables
Checked line and tested with another fax ok
Scanner seems ok as its copying from adf and glass ok.
Turned off Ecm tried different resolutions.

Im thinking it still maybe a fault with the scanner as the process is different to standard copying as it doesn't use grayscale.

Anyone had this? or suggestions thanks chaps

blackcat4866
04-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Myself, I'm leaning towards a fax card issue. If it was a CCD or image processing related issue, theoretically all scan functions should be affected. If I were to rank by likelihood:

1) fax card
2) MCU
3) CCD

Have you tried the simple things like reseating all the associated connectors (especially ribbon cables) and cards? =^..^=

mtech
04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Is it scanning the fax into memory then sending or is it sending direct. I had a similar issue on an older Sharp and it was the memory that was causing the issue. If you haven't already, you may also want to clear the fax image memory or an all memory clear after installing the fax pwb.

Passthebiscuits
04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Myself, I'm leaning towards a fax card issue. If it was a CCD or image processing related issue, theoretically all scan functions should be affected. If I were to rank by likelihood:

1) fax card
2) MCU
3) CCD

Have you tried the simple things like reseating all the associated connectors (especially ribbon cables) and cards? =^..^=

I have replaced as in "fit brand new" fax boards, and fault is still present, I have tried direct faxing also so not a memory issue, and I have resat ribbon cables.

mtech
04-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Then as black cat noted, try CCD or MCU. I would go for CCD but that is just my opinion. Good luck!

Passthebiscuits
04-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Just a quick reply thanks guys the MCU fixed the fault

StormyKnight
05-04-2009, 12:39 AM
May or may not be related to the above issue, but it is always good to understand how faxes work.

A fax image that is sent contains only white or black image pixels, i.e. no greyscales or halftones. Halftones are created by dithering. i.e. the spacing of black & white dots to make the appearance of a shade when looked at from a normal reading distance.

For the fax at the other end to understand the image sent, all processing at the sending will end up with these black or white pixels as the result.

Dirty optics will commonly show more easily on faxing rather than copying for this reason. The grey sections read by the CCD needs to be read as white or black. If it reaches a certain threshold, it will be converted to black. With slit glass scanning this will result in a complete black line on the outputed image.

Also bad or faulty conversion or processing can also result in black or white artifacts as the conversion process can only ever result in a white or black pixel. I suspect that in this case with the MCU.

Custom Search