PDA

View Full Version : Sharp 165 ADF problem

Custom Search

onewayblues
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Any advice would be appreciated for this problem.
It is a Sharp 165d, The ADF will not feed, all that you hear is a click ( like the feed clutch is engaging )
The gate does not move nor does the feed rollers turn?
We have tried another ADF and another main board!
What else could there be left?

mtech
04-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Did you replace them at the same time? Sounds like either something in the ADF took out the main board or the other way around. I had this happen to me once. We replaced both at the same time and it fixed it.

onewayblues
04-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Did you replace them at the same time? Sounds like either something in the ADF took out the main board or the other way around. I had this happen to me once. We replaced both at the same time and it fixed it.

This has actually been my bosses headach, your experiance with this has been what I have suspected, something with the ADF shorted out cooking the main board :mad:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

blackcat4866
04-03-2009, 12:22 AM
If you are extremely lucky it will be a totally dead short. It will be much easier to track down the component toasting your ADF Main PWB. =^..^=

mtech
04-03-2009, 02:41 AM
The component most likely to be the cause is the adf motor. The signals that drive the motor come right from the machines main pwb. There is an interface pwb on the adf, but it doesn't do much but pass the signals to the motor. A lot of times when the motor shorts or the main pwb is bad you can hear the motor hum. Almost like the signals are telling it to turn forwards and backwards at the same time. I usually replace the motor and the main pwb as a set. In your case it could be anything on the adf. Once my boss wanted me to try unplugging all the adf components and try plugging them in one at a time to see which component was shorting the main pwb. I asked him to give me 3 or 4 main boards to blow up and then he said no, thats okay, at least the customers machine is up and running. Good luck!

Custom Search