PDA

View Full Version : CRUM AR M450

Custom Search

swagreis
04-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Many of my customers complain in model of AR m450 that the crum of the toner cartridge burned and the the cartridge still have most o its toner
last time i put a new original cartridge and its crum burned ater 5,000 copy
any one can help!!

jpcopy
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
we have had several sharp 350/450 crum chip fail early. instruct customer to shake toner while still in box just before installing. we only use oem toner and having customer shaking it seems to have solved problem. we have more imagistics 3510/4510's out than sharps and we use oem toner for them but have never had a crum chip fail early. matter of fact we have been able to save several chips by catching them before failing and installing on a sharp cartridge thereby useing the cheaper sharp toner.

blackcat4866
04-08-2009, 01:16 AM
This was more common on the Dragon machines. We had a lot of toner that required some vicious shaking to break loose the toner. If the customer installed the cartridge before beating on the toner cartridge, they would get only a few hundred copies before the CRUM chip showed empty.

The best thing that I can recommend is to test the toner add drive to make sure that it is reliable. Then instruct the customer to bang on the toner cartridges to break up the clumps. Also make sure that the toner is not stored in a very cold or very warm environment (like in an unheated warehouse or on top of a radiator). The heat will fuse a large portion of the toner right in the cartridge. =^..^=

Custom Search