PDA

View Full Version : Sharp MX-5500N Error Code L4-30

Custom Search

sbillups
04-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Hi everybody. Can anybody help me with this code. I have a machine I am trying to service and I am unfamiliar with the MX series codes. I do know how to get into SIM mode, however, I am stuck there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

se

OMD-227
04-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Clear error with sim14. Check operation of fans with sim6. Your error is the controller fan, near MFP unit/HDD. Sometimes its alot easier to remove the rear top-half cover to check the fans are working properly in sim6.

sbillups
04-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Hi Wazza. Thanx for the quick reply. It seems like the VFM_C fan is not responding to the test. There is a fiery MX-PEX2 controller mounted to the rear of the printer. Any way of getting me a schematic to the HD fan access?

se

sbillups
04-15-2009, 04:18 AM
OK. I removed the top rear panel and could see internal drive (which I am pretty certain is not used when this Fiery is connected to the printer). I could not see a fan (or hear one) there. Where is the best place to get replacement parts for this printer? (assuming I can even find the fan in question). Everytime I reset using SIM 14, I get as far as scanning a copy and feeding a sheet of paper to the first set of rollers then the message reappears. Any thoughts?

Thank you again for your help.

se

OMD-227
04-15-2009, 04:23 AM
The Fiery shouldn't have anything to do with the problem. The fan should be working with or without the Fiery attached. Thanks for letting me know anyway.
Cant send you the Circuit Diagram as it is over 21Mb in PDF.
Do you have any other MX machines? Most of the first series have the same fan part numbers for that section. If you have any other machines nearby, quicky swap that fan over to confirm if the fan is truely faulty.
Otherwise, order a new fan. I've had them go before. Its not a new problem.

OMD-227
04-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Get in touch with your local Sharp Techs. They will have the parts you need and will fit them for you.

sbillups
04-15-2009, 05:34 AM
I had a 4500 yesterday, but already went back out. I will check part number and order tomorrow or Thursday. If you are not opposed, I could give you my AIM screen name and you could send the diagram through that way. If you are not comfortable with that, I completely understand. You have brought me this far. I will try the fan (when I find it) and take it the rest of the way (hopefully). Thanx again.

se

OMD-227
04-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Check messages. Your info is all there brother.
:D

sbillups
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
:o Thanx. I will take the cover off again and check it all. I will let you know how I fair tomorrow.

se

mrfixit
03-21-2023, 10:15 PM
Hi, can someone confirm for me if the controller radiate fan is the one this code is pointing too nfanp0082fcpz. There is also a mfp hdd fan and want to make sure I order the correct one if I can even find the part. Can't believe I even got a call to fix this POS, haven't worked on one in over a decade.

ricohrice
03-22-2023, 01:36 PM
According to the manual, either fan can be responsible for this code.
L4-30 Controller fan motor trouble
Trouble content
1) The motor lock signal is detected during
rotation of the controller fan motor.
2) The motor lock signal is detected during
rotation of the HDD fan motor.

NFANP0086FCPZ - MFP-HDD fan
NFANP0082FCP1 - Controller radiate fan

If the copier gods are good to you you might find both fans but I wouldn't hold my breath

Custom Search