PDA

View Full Version : mx-2300 TA maintance

Custom Search

pontiac
04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Its been a while since i have done both transfer kits and i have forgoten which counters to reset after doing work. Can someone remind me which sims to go to and reset or clear. Thanks for help

OMD-227
04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey Pontiac.

TA maintenance only needs the Primary Transfer Belt replaced/refurbished at 100K. The Secondary Transfer Belt does 300K.
You will most likely find the Primary belt is still in pretty good condition after the first 100K anyways. Most of the time you can simply check it and reset it. It will almost always do 200K. Sharp rate it at 100K.
At TA maintenance, you pretty much only need the Black drum, maybe a few feed rollers, firmware updates and check and clean everything. Most of the time, the color consumables are not due, fuser is 200K. The first couple of TA maintenance calls on a machine are usually pretty straight forward... no major work. After a few TA's, you will certainly need to do everything. The point is, you can get away with doing only a small amount for most TA calls. Its your choice though.
Run sim 24-4 to reset TA maint, Belt1 count, day, rotation counts etc. Check all other counts under sim 22-1, 22-13, 22-8, 22-9 to confirm nothing else is almost due. You'd hate to leave the site, only to have another call come in because you didnt check everything. Those MX machines have about 12 different maint calls. They are always timed to come up at an inconvienient time.
When finished, run 44-6, 44-26 to force process control adjustments, then check print quality with 64-1 (a=11 b&c=2 d=255) & 64-5.
Good luck mate.
Waz.

pontiac
04-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks WAZZA. I will ck the other counters, Again thanks

OMD-227
04-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey Pontiac,

Sweet mate, No problems. Check everything while you are infront of the machine, Do whatever is required now, reset the rest. Firmware upgrade the beast, clean all transport rollers, get out of there.
These MX machines will go an extra time around if you do what I listed above.

Custom Search