PDA

View Full Version : sharp ar 285 - light copys

Custom Search

mrkabokieman
04-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Are shop bought a sharp ar 285 and the copies come out light on the non-operator side of the copier. I tried cleaning the 3 mirrors and glass and it seamed to help but its still light. Ive also replaced the toner and devolper. It prints a black page pretty good. The drum seams clean. Any tips would be great.
Thanks

blackcat4866
04-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Extremely common!

Check the rear lift arm that raises the bed assy. If a user were to turn the bed handle 90 degrees in the wrong direction it breaks the plastic arm that raises the bed, and thus: poor transfer at rear.

It is inconvenient to get to the rear lift arm. The front one can be seen & changed quite easily without disassembling anything. Not so for the rear. And its always the rear one that breaks.

Other logical places to check are the primary charge sawtooth & grid, and developing. A little contamination of the primary could affect any area of the copy. And if the machine is not level the developer can migrate towards the back or front of the machine causing a chain-link-fence pattern of lightness at the operators or non-operators side of the machine.

Have you tried printing any internal test patterns (sim 64)? Do they also present the problem? =^..^=

mrkabokieman
04-21-2009, 02:38 AM
First off Thanks for the help blackcat4866 but i got a few more questions
I checked the front and rear lift arms and there not broke.
Then i tryed a few test pages and they show the same lightness problem.
I cleaned the primary charge sawtooth and grid and the lightness got a little better.

Also there is a line about an inch from the top of page but when i turn the paper or switch to 11x17 it goes away
And i bought a manual so i should know what your taking about.
Any more ideas?

tmaged
04-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Stop the machine with the image on the drum. If it's dark there, it's a transfer problem. If it's light on the drum, it's either main charge, DV unit, or laser. I'd clean the drum ground pin on the inside of the machine. Mark the DV unit to make sure the mag roller is turning. These machines will not give you an error code if the DV is locked up. I've also seen these units have the inside of the mag roller break. Clean the laser slit glass. Hope that gives you a little help.
I assume by test pages, you mean self prints from sim 64 ?

fitsy.13
04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Are shop bought a sharp ar 285 and the copies come out light on the non-operator side of the copier. I tried cleaning the 3 mirrors and glass and it seamed to help but its still light. Ive also replaced the toner and devolper. It prints a black page pretty good. The drum seams clean. Any tips would be great.
Thanks
have you tried cleaning the front of the laser unit dust and dirt will cause faint copies

mrkabokieman
04-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Ok got a new drum and cleaner blade and that fixed the the line and the fading but i cant get the copies dark enoff . Ive tried adjusting the darkness in sim 46 mode with no luck. It does have a F2 code when running.
The devolper and toner are new.
When running big solds its still light.

blackcat4866
04-25-2009, 05:23 AM
Hold down the start key to display the rest of the code. F2-??

You say the developer is new. Did you do a developer stir, sim 25-02?
=^..^=

mrkabokieman
04-27-2009, 02:29 PM
The code is f2-00, and I did the developer stir this morning but it looks the same.

blackcat4866
04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I think this is what you need:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sharp/11389-sharp-ar286-f2-code.html

=^..^=

xoles
04-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Some of the machines of this series have a drum life counter that will adjust copy quality as the drum ages. If you don't reset that one it can sometimes cause an issue. I don't have my manuals with me here at the house, but I'm sure you can check it out. If memory serves me correctly it might be sim 24-7 ?

Custom Search