PDA

View Full Version : MXC311 with MXfxx3

Custom Search

Dustin(WOP)
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Hello there I am having some trouble with a Sharp MXC311 and the fax kit installed on it. From some places faxes will go through just fine. Others will never come through. Called tech support but they were no help. Just wondering if anyone on here had any ideas on what you think I should try to do. I have already done a complete reset of all the settings I have changed thus far so I am starting from scratch. Any information would be great THANKS.

OMD-227
04-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey Dustin,

There is a new Firmware file for the FXX3 fax kit. First thing you should do is the Firmware upgrade. The FXX2 & FXX3 kits have a range of problems that the new firmware file repairs.
Here in Australia, we have a fax number we can call from any fax machine, which does a transmission report for you as a return receive fax. It tests the phone line, errors in the image and signal quality. It is a great test to see if the fax is working OK. Maybe you have a similar number to call where you are.
Remember, not all fax problems are at YOUR end. I'd also get your office to send you some test faxes while you are in front of the machine, to see how it responds. Make sure the machine is not sharing a phone line with a PABX or Commander phone system as well. I've had many calls for 'fax not working', only to discover the PABX system has a crossed line (eg, phone system answers all fax calls).
Call the clients fax number from your cell/mobile phone.... see how the fax responds.
Make sure you do that Firmware update. Then do some tests listed above. Not all fax problems are at your end. Possible line problems etc etc.

Dustin(WOP)
04-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks wazza just wanted to let you know what I just took them a "loaner" fax machine FO2950 and it seems to be working fine. I also updated the firmware and no change still drops faxes from certain places(about 4 or 5 places).thanks!!!

flav
04-23-2009, 07:06 AM
I am not familiar with the MXC311 but the problem sounds similar to other Sharp machines. It is probably a line problem with those faxes at the other end or those other faxes are older and can’t communicate with the latest protocols. I have found that disabling the error correction mode usually solves this problem. If we take an MX3501 as an example, go to System Settings, Image Send Settings, Fax Default Settings and uncheck Error Correction Mode. If that doesn’t help you can disable V.34 mode. Go to Simulation 66-1, Soft Switch 43. Set bits 1, 2 and 3 to 1 to disable V.34 mode. The fax will transmit a bit slower but the customer probably won’t notice. Hope that helps.

Custom Search