PDA

View Full Version : MX3501N scan to sharpdesk

Custom Search

Dustin(WOP)
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I am having some trouble with an MX3501N scan to sharpdesk desktop. The weird thing about this is that I can e-mail a scan direct but can't scan to any of the customers PC's. I have checked all Network scanner tool settings and firewall settings. Even booted in safe mode. still wont go through. It is giving me a CE-00 error message. Anyone else ran into this problem?? THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!

igi
04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
hi there
things i would try.see if you can scan to yor laptop with cross-over cable.thath will tell you if problem lies with the copier or customer network.or maybe on the servo administrator limiting some rights.
good luck

Sharpshooter
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Which version of Sharpdesk have you installed on the customers computer???

You must use 3.2 or later version on MX3501.:cool:

tmaged
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Scan to email uses SMTP & sharpdesk uses FTP. Two totally different ports, two totally different protocols. CE-00 means there is no network connection. Can you get to the web page of the copier? You should get CE-02 if the port was being blocked or the users IP address had changed with notifying the MFP>

davistech
04-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Make sure that Network Scanner Tool is running on the client PC.
This is needed because this program is what the copier looks for when sending scans to desktop.
The code means that it cannot contact this software.
Open the Network Scanner Tool software on the machine, then go to the scanners tab.
The scanner should appear in the box. If not, use the Search feature on the right hand side to find the copier.
Make sure that the right copier is check marked, and go to the profiles tab.
Make sure that the desktop profile is checkmarked.
Click APPLY.
This will show a dialog box that says that it is saving profiles to scanner.
If this fails, there is something wrong with the PC or network.
If it succeeds, and you still cannot scan, then there is something blocking the transmission, such as firewall software.

oldrn
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Just a quick note of thanks to all who have replied to Dustin's request for help. I do not get much experience on networking, just a machine here or there. Reading these posts is a great tool for preparing for similar problems in the future. Thanks again.

Jimbo1
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I had so much fun with sharpdesk when I was working on that line that I got to where I wouldn't install it unless the customer specifically wanted it because the regular scanning functions worked so much better and met their needs. Course I kept the disk stored with the machine but it was just too complicated and confusing.

Toner Boy
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
The Network Scanner Tool (the only component of SharpDesk required for scanning) can be installed on any computer in the workgroup BUT the IP address for the machine running the Network Scanner Tool MUST NOT CHANGE so if you have it on a workstation receiving IP addresses from DHCP you must fix the address to static and exclude that IP address from the DHCP pool. The computer must be logged in I believe for the service to be active. This is why it is easier to install the NST on the server since it probably will retain its IP address. Once you have resolved this problem it should work flawlessly (until someone changes the read and write access to the folders you are sending to...):)

Custom Search