PDA

View Full Version : MX-C401

Custom Search

Dustin(WOP)
04-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey there,
I am having troubles with a new install mxc401 printing problems. Customer is doing copy and paste of some images into their files because they need to put in company logos. However when they go to print, or print preview the images move around on the page, and throws off all of their typing they had done. The weird thing about this is that they have an OKI printer right now and it will print the document just fine. no moving images or cutting off. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on why this is happening on the Sharp mxc401 and not on the OKI printer they are trying to replace with this? THANKS for any info./fixes you can give. At this point I am willing to try anything.
(i have tried different drivers such as PS, PCL5 PCL6 and nothing has worked.)
I read a post earlier about changing from 1 bit to 4 bit in color, advanced color but there is not an option for this, my mx2300N on the same network has this option but not the C401. THANKS

ZOOTECH
04-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Have you played with the settings in the Advance tab of driver (fonts, bitmap, etc.)?

Dustin(WOP)
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
played around with all those settings nothing seems to help

ZOOTECH
04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
"Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on why this is happening on the Sharp mxc401 and not on the OKI printer they are trying to replace with this?"

I know that the OKI uses a Fiery type interface, maybe that is the difference. Sorry, I don't have an answer.

OMD-227
04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey Dustin,

The second series MX machines dont have the 1bit/4bit settings like you have discovered.
They have 4 different gamma settings in replacement of this. Each gamma setting will give a slightly different darkness of print.

I'm sorry that I have not seen this fault before to this extent. Sometimes you get very minor registration shift or different shading, which was usually fixed by the 1bit/4bit setting. The sharp drivers would always default back to 1bit after a driver reload or isomtimes if the server was not running SMNP on the port tab config.
You referred to my post on 1bit/4bit settings. I mentioned that because the machine in question was a MX2300N (first MX series).
On the second series MX, I am yet to see any image shifting problems like you mentioned.
All I can tell you so far is make sure the latest firmware is installed, the latest drivers are in use, and after that, try printing it from your notebook PC with crossover cable to possibly eliminate a network/driver issue.

davistech
04-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Definitely stay with PCL 6 (newest version, if not using).
As of right now, there are not any firmware updates available for this model.
Without knowing more (what program, etc) is causing the problem.
I would suggest re-creating the document with the Sharp as the default printer.
Most applications create documents based apon what printer is selected as the default at the time of saving.
Also, check the page margins. They may be out of range for the copier.
Use SIM 50 to check that the copier has the right output.

Custom Search