PDA

View Full Version : Im3511 dspf 9290

Custom Search

oce bill
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi All,

I'm having a few problems with the doc feeder on the im3511 machines,
if you place a original in the feeder the original is not picked up,
this only happens intermittently, if it picks up the first original the feeder works fine,The original stopper is moving out of the way, But the take-up tyredoes not feed the original to the feed tyre,You can here the solenoid click in to lift the take-up,

I've change the take-up and feed tyres and cleaned the one-way bearings

there are three machines doing this and they all have under 10K on them
the jam code is SPPD_N

Any suggestions would be greatfully received as the machines are close to going through the nearest window.

blackcat4866
04-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm guessing here, but based on the photo that uncle Google found, I'm thinking this is a Sharp AR-M355N or maybe MX-M350N.

Based on that:
Those two models got the "improved" AR-EF3 document feeder. Why they "improved" on the AR-EF1, I don't know, because the EF-1 works a lot better than the EF-3.

When the Jupiter series came out, we were immediately beset with SPF service calls. The other senior tech and I sat down with an EF-3 and an EF-1 and discovered that most of the pickup portion remains the same, but the separation pad is entirely different. Our first experiment was to fit the top of the EF-1 onto an EF-3. OK, that works. Now what's different.

These are the parts required to downgrade the separation:
PSHEZ4847FCZZ Separation Pad Only
MSPRT2864FCZZ Separation Spring
LPLTP5747FCZZ Separation Plate
MSPRP2832FCZZ Leaf Spring
PSHEP4848FCZZ Mylar
PSHEP4878FCZZ Mylar

The various update kits never did return to the original tried-and-true EF-1 separation. If you are not familiar with the older separation, the parts stack up as follows: Bracket, Leaf Spring, Thick Mylar, Sep Pad, Thin Mylar, and Screw. The rest is pretty much self explanatory.

When these machines were new it was part of our setup to change out these parts. =^..^=

vstar
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
By IM3511, do you mean Imagistics? If so there was a mod that came out 3 to 4 years ago for this problem. It basically changed the DF back to the way it was on the 3510 model. I took care of about 60 at a school district and I had 3 or 4 do this on me. I put the mod in all of them and never had another problem. Hope this helps.

Cameron

PS; I have'nt worked for them since Jan 2006. So just going by old memory.

Custom Search