PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 1050 2nd side skew wrinkle

Custom Search

pudgi300
04-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi,
Have a bizhub pro 1050. Problem is 2nd side copies get wrinkle and skew which also causes voids in transfer. Interlocking door i can see bad loop on second side. 1st side reg is perfect and very good loop to reg roller. When copies come second time in duplex path they nail the front part of reg roller and wrinkle in the rear. Machine has 5 mil on it. Is there some adjust to get good loop at reg roller to solve this problem.

Thanks Warren

EDIT:: 11X17 paper is running fine and machine will be running that job today. Tomorrow i will adj the regist loop adjustmentand see what happens. Thanks

Si@danwood
04-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi,
Have a bizhub pro 1050. Problem is 2nd side copies get wrinkle and skew which also causes voids in transfer. Interlocking door i can see bad loop on second side. 1st side reg is perfect and very good loop to reg roller. When copies come second time in duplex path they nail the front part of reg roller and wrinkle in the rear. Machine has 5 mil on it. Is there some adjust to get good loop at reg roller to solve this problem.

Thanks Warren

EDIT:: 11X17 paper is running fine and machine will be running that job today. Tomorrow i will adj the regist loop adjustmentand see what happens. Thanks
Just had something so similiar(yesterday in fact) and it turned out that a tech had fitted the transfer guide plate(just prior to first wire on the transfer corona unit) the wrong way round!!!!Gave perfect 1 st side copies but skewed and jammed just prior to drum area second side!I have also had a lower adu guide plate hinge work loose and cause similiar,but mainly on A5 sheets.Also worth checking resist loop settings-2nd side in case there are adjusted too far.This is all asuming you have nothing in paper path from adu section!!!! do you get any Jam codes/Does it do it on large size paper etc ..Hope this Helps in anyway..Si

Si@danwood
04-28-2009, 08:22 PM
sorry didnt see edit at bottom so please ignore that bit:(:(

Blenk
04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Si@danwood mentioned the lower adu guide plate, i also have had a problem with this but mine just seemed to have lost pressure between the white duplex transport rollers and the blue rubber ones at the bottom af the plate, again my fault only showed skew on A5, but i just manualy bent that plate up stightly and that added the pressure back on and stopped the A5 skew... might be worth a look.

pudgi300
04-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I got back on machine and checked the 1st and 2nd side adj from all trays. All are set at 0 and perfect at 20mm. Tried 2 sided in tray 4 with letter r and get good loop(i call it buckle). Just wondering if you should have the same clutch sound at reg roller on 2nd side as the clunk you hear on 1st side??? 100lb card stock get a little better loop but you can tell it is different then 1st side. I did clean all the lower rollers and check the lower plate. My lower rollers are green and cleaned the white idlers. Cleaned the reverse rollers and no change. Will have them run job letter r to get them out of my hair.

Thanks for the help

Later Warren

Apollo123
04-29-2009, 04:10 AM
I had a problem one time with the bottom leaf springs which push the Adu guide plates up when you push the adu in. They are gold and directly mounted under the adu guide with 2 screws each. First I tried to reform them to no avail but then I replaced. This seemed to solve the problem. I also had a problem on time on an older machine 12million where it was doing similar problems where I replaced the adu guides to no avail. I eventually had to put in a shim in between the frame and adu guide to create alittle more gape and this seemed to solve the problem.

Si@danwood
04-29-2009, 05:45 AM
The fact that" letter r" works reasonably indicates that you may have "a lazy roller" as letter normal doesnt seem to be creating loop.I would concentrate around the turnaround section prior to the registration area and the registration unit itself.Iwould be looking for bent guides/plates,looking for decreased pressure on the sprung loaded idle rollers maybe even a slight burr on one of the adu paper actuators!

pudgi300
04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
OK will double check that area today and see what happens. Any tips on background after developer change (1st 30 to 40k are good) then get background. Clean out developer unit again and reinstall mix and background gone. This machine recycles toner .

Back to Ya Later Warren

Si@danwood
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
How old is the Developer unit?Is it the new type?What ver f/ware? How old is the drum/charge corona unit?Has anyone changed dipswitch 23-2,23-3,23-4(all set to 0 is default setting).All these things i have found to cause probelms.When you say this machine recycles toner do you mean it has an rc-501 fitted or not?(ie is there a rubber tube poking out the back of the machin leading to a large box?-sorry to sound patronising but the product code may be different over the pond:) )...Si

pudgi300
04-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Si,
Checked 23-2 23-3 23-4 all at 0
Did lb1 lb2 adj and knocked values down. Looked fine and the background come back on machine front side only (bottom of book) as before. Had an old drum and set it up and lb1 nad lb2 back to normal setting in block.
With all of the customer job on 11x17 did not get chance to work on the 81/2x11 wrinkle. Will check it out tomorrow. Thanks again for your support.

Later Warren

pudgi300
05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Went back in today and pulled the adu out. Had to remove the upper lower plate to remove the sensor actuator that i poped out of its socket trying to get rid of deep grooves. Cleaned both sensors and got rid of the paper cut in actuator. Put back together and ran a little but not what i expected. Has a little better loop then before. Adjusted 2nd side loop to +5 and made it a little better also. Can someone tell me if the 2nd side paper hits the reg rollers and has same loop as the 1st side with 8 1/2x11 paper???

Thanks Warren

pudgi300
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
:):):):):):):)

Went back today and worked on the lower adu latch plate. Tried the shim on left side and seemed to help it more then the last time i shimmed it. Played around with the plate and bent the center (by handle) up and the outer ends down. Ran loop adj and now getting great loop on 2nd side. I put the loop setting at +2. May have to replace that plate some day. Thanks to Si ,Blenk,Apollo for all their help.

Si@danwood
05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Glad to be of help:D

Blenk
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
no problem!!!

langelot
08-28-2009, 04:34 AM
I have seen two things which may cause this.

The first and simplest is a missing rubber pad/stopper for the adu entrance guide plate (rounded), extreme right, right of registration and accesible from the top of ADU. Check front and rear to make sure that both stoppers are there, there are a couple more places with those rubber stoppers - always as a set, front and rear - check 'em.

Also you will notice on the ADU underside (right side) some polishing action (shinyness) towards the front - good indication of too much rubbing - this is where I put a shim when needed -l on the right front side on the underside (onto the top of the lower plate) right between a set of screws.

I use an old konica 3135 MOD a little plastic "stick" about 1/8 inch thick we use to have for the drawers/cassettes of these machines - they work beautifully.

Custom Search