PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420 ADF J6502

Custom Search

darastafari
05-09-2009, 04:03 AM
I have a weird problem with the DF-607 on a Bizhub 420. Whenever the machine comes out of sleep mode, tech rep mode, or is powered on, it registers a J6502. The code is PS9 registration sensor in ADF is blocked while idling. If you open and close the adf cover, the code will go away until the next time it has to boot up again. The sensor gets blocked and unblocked by a spring loaded actuator. I have taken out the paper feed unit and removed the scanner guide on the bottom side to expose the sensor. It is unblocked with no obstructions. So I replaced PC9 and was left with the same problem. I have now replaced the adf control board. I still have the same problem. I ran all the proper adjustments for the adf control board replacement, including firmware update. When you enter tech rep mode and run the adf sensor auto adjust you always get sensor 2 showing ng. I'm assuming sensor 2 is PC9, the service manual gives you no indication as to what sensors 1, 2, 3, 4 refer to. I'm going to have to try and replace the main body printer control board next. The sensor flags properly in sensor check and runs paper through with no jams in user mode. Any suggestions?:confused:

fixthecopier
05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
If it is wired like the smaller bizhubs, the control board on the body of the machine is the one to change. The older Di2510 would show a false jam after the paper was ejected. The "A" board on the main body was the culprit.

Custom Search