PDA

View Full Version : di 3010

Custom Search

gpoffmachs
05-16-2009, 12:04 AM
:(is there an easy way to do a firmware upgrade without buying the jig?
i have a 3010 that copies dark through the adf. user choice makes no difference. copies are great on the glass

minimerlin
05-16-2009, 10:16 AM
There is no firmware update for anything like you describe! Are all the density and exposure adjustments set as normal? I have never had any problem with dark copies from the adf...normally only lighter, then I just select mode2 and all is well.

fixthecopier
05-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes, what jig are you talking about. The firmware is done with a flash card. I would think that you have a lamp problem.

BR549
05-16-2009, 03:08 PM
The CF card only upgrades the MSC. The jig is needed to upgrade the printer (PWB-A) and the finisher.

fixthecopier
05-17-2009, 12:39 AM
The CF card only upgrades the MSC. The jig is needed to upgrade the printer (PWB-A) and the finisher.

I must be out of touch, never used a jig, never had any problems. Thanks for the info in case it comes up in the future.

I am still curious as to what would cause the problem. I do not want to divert this post off the subject.

TheOwl
05-18-2009, 01:18 AM
You can adjust the ADF denisty through the Users Choice 6/6. From memory, you can lighten and darken copies through this mode. I would presume that this could be the problem if the copies off the platen glass were ok.

I can't remember exacly as this was brought up in one of our service meetings by another tech.

I agree with the other guys as to the firmware upgrading as there is a CF card in the side of the machine that you copy the new files to.

I had a look in the service manual and saw the jigs that you are talking about, but I have never used them as all.

Custom Search