PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C352 magenta "wash" over colour copies/prints

Custom Search

kingarthur
05-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi I've got a Bizhub C352, on which all colour prints/copies have a magenta "wash" over the entire page, black copies are fine. I had the same problem 2 months ago but with black, then I replaced the MFP pcb, before I replace it again, has anybody had this problem, I suspect there is something else taking out that pcb.

Thanks in advance

brenni
05-19-2009, 11:26 AM
did you change IU?
sounds like worn out developer

kingarthur
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
thanks for your input brenni, have actually managed to solve the problem, traced fault to pre IU. swapped yellow & magenta printheads for diagnosis & fault has now gone & won't come back. looks like a bad connection on the printhead.

dudley
05-20-2009, 05:43 AM
I hope its gone for you. If not this may be your problem

We have had problems with the C250 style machines in very low humidity settings. In the winter months we hit 10% humidity in custumers offices. The humidity sensor will read too low and go to 0. When it does that , the machine turns up the grid voltage very high , in the 800-1100 volt range and will cause arching from the corona to the drum. You will get total coverage of toner on the page and a high pitch squeal may also happen.

To fix it, you have to get into service mode and do a reset and stabilize, then turn on bias control and do a second stabilize. Then replace the damaged imaging unit( if you replace it first, the high voltage will kill it too). We lost 25 IU's to this problem in one week the first year the C250 was out. It actually blows holes through a rubber mylar near the corona and sprays the drum with rubber , kinda cool but costly

Custom Search