PDA

View Full Version : minolta Di251F,some documents doesnt print properly with Adobe

Custom Search

serge dugal
05-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi.

Minolta Di251F,some documents doesnt print properly with Adobe.

Does someone knows about this problem?

Thanks.

jneezy2008
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
What is happening with the documents?? Some pages printing out blank that shouldn't be blank? Missing lines of data on the printed pages?

Are you printing these PDFs from Adobe Reader? Foxit Reading? What versions are you using?

Are you printing using a PCL or PS driver?

Documents printed from email, Internet, MS Word, etc print OK?

jneezy2008
05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Sorry, I just assumed you're were referring to PDFs. You're printing from Adobe?? Adobe what?

serge dugal
06-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi.

Thanks for replying.

I am using PCL.

It's a document that came from the governement. Most of the others document that i try to print it works good. This one, some letters are on top of some others. It looks like a drivers problem, but it might be because the machine doesnt have Postscript option. Could it be that the IT card should be updated? If so, how could i do that?

Thanks.

serge dugal
06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi again.

It's Adobe reader 9.

Hansoon
06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
This I am starting to see recently by several customers with these machines.
Don't know what it is exactly yet. One customer is using his machine for years without problems, suddenly since 2 month's this happens from time to time. The same XP platform and PS driver without any change from the beginning. He's having the PS option and using Adobe v7.0

Hans

ivovb
06-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Try this

File > Print > Advanced > Print as image.

It might be slower but should solve almost any problem concerning broken pdf file. Use latest Adobe Reader v9.1.1!

BR

jneezy2008
06-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Generally, when you're printing an Adobe document, you want to use a PostScript driver(PostScript was developed by Adobe). When you print using any other driver you're running the risk of loosing the formatting of the document, which is what is happening here.

99% of the time you can print the document as an image which will preserve the formatting. I guess for the other 1% of the time you could print to a PDF printer then print the resulting document to the MFP.

Have you tried a PDF viewer app? Like Foxit Reader?

serge dugal
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi.

Thanks everyone for your help. I finaly phone Minolta (help desk) and the guy suggest that i use an old version of Adobe Reader, wich i did and suprise, it work(i have use version 7).

Thanks anymay, i will look for the postcript drivers from Adobe.

Serge Dugal

Custom Search