PDA

View Full Version : Fiery icon not appearing on C350

Custom Search

maildana
06-04-2009, 05:50 PM
We just purchased a C350 which is in good shape except that the print controller is not recognized. I think maybe the hard drive needs the system software reinstalled. Can anyone help me with this? I have a CD with Fiery software, but I'm pretty sure this is for the computer.

Thanks for any help! :)

mrwho
06-04-2009, 06:47 PM
You need to install the system software in the Fiery. For that, you need to have the system software files (BOOT.EFI and SYSTEM.EFI, around 400Mb) and send them to the Fiery via paralel port (using DOS commands, basically).

See? Simple! If you don't have the system software, maybe I can hand them to you today or tomorrow night - but no promisses...

maildana
06-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks, sounds easy enough - is the software dowloadable?

mrwho
06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks, sounds easy enough - is the software dowloadable?

I don't know. Try to find it, if not, ask for help here.

DUKEY
06-04-2009, 11:14 PM
hello there, first of all before jumping to hard drive problem make sure the fiery has a cord plugged into it~~ ITS SEPERATE then the power cord!! 2nd make sure power switch is on, hope that is all you need. if you need format done with system software let me know

mrwho
06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
hello there, first of all before jumping to hard drive problem make sure the fiery has a cord plugged into it~~ ITS SEPERATE then the power cord!! 2nd make sure power switch is on, hope that is all you need. if you need format done with system software let me know

That's a good tip. Many times we forget to check even the most basic things - I speak for myself... :rolleyes:

mrwho
06-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Just remembered: is the correct optional selected on the techrep mode?

Techrep mode -> System Input -> Peripheral Setting

If I recall correctly, you should select "Controller 2" and "Mode 1".

maildana
06-05-2009, 12:37 AM

Everything seems plugged in. The ethernet is also connected and lights are working, but not sure if the IP address is correct. Does the icon only appear when everything is working correctly?

maildana
06-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Just remembered: is the correct optional selected on the techrep mode?

Techrep mode -> System Input -> Peripheral Setting

If I recall correctly, you should select "Controller 2" and "Mode 1".

That's how it was originally, the manual said to use "Controller 3" so I've tried that setting as well - neither work.:(

maildana
06-05-2009, 12:41 AM

I think I do need to format, do you have software I can download?

DUKEY
06-05-2009, 01:03 AM
well loading system software on the harddrive takes hours, and we charge a fee for it, somewhere in the 500 dollar amount!! thats why i try everything else before doing that!! also make sure the hardrive is turned on in the tech rep mode under i think system, you'll see options then look for hardrive

TheOwl
06-05-2009, 03:33 AM
You said in the first post that you have the System Software CD, but you thought it was for a computer? If that is right, then yes, the CD is for a computer as you need to use a computer to copy the system software to the Fiery via the Parallel port.

On the system software CD, there should also be a service manual that should tell you exactly what to do.

For a trained tech, it shouldn't take anymore than an hour and a half to replace a HDD and reload the system software along with the patches.

Try reloading the system software before you go down the HDD path.

jprecht
06-05-2009, 05:43 AM
have quite a few of these boxes out. suggest you get a qualified k/m tech to "reflash" your box with latest firmware. is worth the$ then you will be able to use your controller/fiery. jp

Custom Search