PDA

View Full Version : 30 s freeze at client when choosing C451

Custom Search

tonertechnician
06-17-2009, 10:10 AM
We're having problems at a customers' clients when they are choosing a C451 printer when printing.
Also, if the C451 is set as default printer, the freeze happens when starting for example MS Office applications.

Print server OS: Windows 2000 SP4
Client OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
Driver: Konica Minolta C650 Series PCL
The port is added on the print server as a normal Windows TCP/IP port.

Any suggestions on how to correct this is welcome

joneze
06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
We're having problems at a customers' clients when they are choosing a C451 printer when printing.
Also, if the C451 is set as default printer, the freeze happens when starting for example MS Office applications.

Hi,

I had a similar problem on a 250. Turned out to be a problem with the print spooler on the print server i restarted the service re-installed the printer and that was it.

Hope this helps

TheOwl
06-18-2009, 12:36 AM
There is a function in the new drivers that allows the driver to interrogate the copier everytime the driver is opened. This makes sure that the driver is always populated with the correct machine config, paper setup etc.

When your driver interrogates the copier, you will notice a slight 'freeze' in your applications when going to print while the driver is collecting information back from the copier.

To fix this issue, do the following steps on your print server:

1. Printers and Faxes
2. Printer Properties (of the Konica Minolta)
3. Configure Tab
4. Acquire Settings
5. Turn of the Auto function

This should stop the freezing in your applications.

tonertechnician
06-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the answers but unfortunately we've already tried both suggestions without any luck.

It seems to be some kind of driver problem though. We tried to print using a HP Laserjet 4 PCL driver, and that worked like a charm.

Could it be some kind of name resolution problem involved when the printer driver communicates with the printer?
We've specified the correct DNS server at the Konica's Web Administration page but I'm not sure wether that DNS server is involved in this scenario or not.

tonertechnician
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
After some further testing it turns out that I was mistaken when I said it seemed to work with the HP Laserjet 4 PCL driver. The problems persists even when this driver is used.

The problems are intermittent, which makes the troubleshooting even messier. I've seen som service bulletins referring to some problems with the Power saving on the C451. We then configured the timers for Low Power mode and Sleep to occur after 4 hours. That change didn't solve the case either.

time2fly
06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Are you using the right driver? Your working on a c451 but using a c650 driver. Try installing the driver on the client computer to bypass the server, also try your laptop> actually try that first then bypass the server. Hope that works good luck. Always remember the K.I.S.S. factor.

llla
06-18-2009, 07:55 PM

Hi.
There is a tecnical bulletin regarding this issue." TABT0800087EN00 .
<Case 2>
Sympton: It takes about 30 seconds - one minute to open the Properties screen or to
release the applications of MS-Excel or Adobe acrobat etc. when printing.
Situation of network packet: The response has slowed about 10-100 times in the part of
the SNMP communication. (The communication doesn't stop.)
Cause: In the environment that secure application manager (Neoteris) of SSL-VPN was
installed in PC, there was a problem in processing to acquire device information.
Please refer to the attached file for the confirm whether Neoteris is installed.
Environment:
Driver: PCL/PS v5.1.2.0 or before
Workaround: Please use PCL/PS v6.1.2.0 or later."

And, or try to disable all snmp and OpenAPI in C451.

Custom Search