PDA

View Full Version : bizhub di470 scanning

Custom Search

poz31
06-24-2009, 11:40 PM
OK I got this thing running (pi 4700e) but I notice all my scans are on TIFF and i need them PDF at the same time Ineed to set scans to 300dpi instead of 600
I know I can manually set them up every time I scan but costumer scans documents all day and needs the settings as default......
Is there a way to set them permanently as default??

buster68
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Sorry, but you are out of luck. The Di470 does not allow you to set the scanning defaults to something other than tiff, 600dpi etc, etc.

albasoul06
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Better tell customer to buy a new machine because IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE SCANNING DEFAULT FOR Pi4700, Pi5500 OR Pi5501.

Hansoon
06-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Better tell customer to buy a new machine...............

These are the kinds of comments one really can do without. We are coming here in this panel to help colleagues, not to piss them off in a situation they feel already lost.

There are situations, especially in these troubled days, where "buying a new machine" is not a solution for everybody.

If not able to give substantial information, why the post?

Hans

KenB
06-28-2009, 05:06 AM
These are the kinds of comments one really can do without. We are coming here in this panel to help colleagues, not to piss them off in a situation they feel already lost.

There are situations, especially in these troubled days, where "buying a new machine" is not a solution for everybody.

If not able to give substantial information, why the post?

Hans

Instead of telling the customer to "buy a new machine" or the like, I've learned (both on my own and through training) that it's always better to say something like: "I'm sorry, Mr. Customer, but this machine can't do exactly what you are asking. Let me try to see if there are some reasonable alternatives to achieve what you want."

Then go back to your dealership and explain the situation to your manager. He or she can then get the right resources engaged to help the customer out. You'd be surprised at how simple the solution sometimes can be!

Even if the only answer does turn out to be a different model machine, both you and your dealership will still look good in your customer's eyes, because they will know that at least you tried to help them out.

Custom Search